WHAT YOU WILL DO
At Datapipe, our Platform Engineering Team supports our global team of Customer Delivery Engineering, Product Engineering, and Support and Operations to:
- Eradicate duplicative effort and create consistency in software wherever possible through:
- oAutomation design, templating, common library development
- oProcess engineering, best practices development
- oPlatform evangelism to build up support for a given technology
- Be actively involved in strategizing how to leverage automation and DevOps for Datapipe’s clients
- Contribute to refining and improving Datapipe’s processes around award-winning customer service, development and deployments
- Stay current on technology advancements to evaluate new technology, techniques and tools to improve the overall Datapipe engineering platform
As an engineer on the Platform team, you will work with the latest technologies in both the Dev and the Ops space. You will design & build micro services that interface with the core components of our infrastructure and provide direct value to the end customer.
You will work from home, on a Mac, on a greenfield project with no legacy code or technical debt to deal with. You will have the unique opportunity to influence technical design and architectural decisions early on, on a large scale project with complex requirements and a varied customer base.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
- Three + years as a software developer with an expertise in designing and developing web services for scalable and complex systems
- Three + years managing, diagnosing and debugging matrixed problems across multiple disciplines (DevOps):
- Deep understanding of various architecture types
- oPublish / Subscribe
- oClient / Server
- Experience in working with Kubernetes in a production environment, and one or more of Docker, Vault, Yeoman, Kafka or similar technologies
- Experience in Golang, and one or more of Node.js, Python, Java, Ruby
- Experience in delivering API based microservices
- Experience with deploying Kubernetes or similar environments to manage deployments across AWS, GCE or other platforms
- Proven experience in leveraging automation and testing toolsets to improve release times and quality
- Ability to design and implement new technologies where little documentation exists
- Experience committing to Opensource projects in Github
WHAT WE DO
Datapipe’s Professional Services engage in next generation cloud solutions for clients and are dedicated to strong success for the client and its customers. As an integral part of the Platform Engineering team, you will work with a talented team of developers responsible for applications that service some of the largest companies in the world utilizing a variety of technologies and framework.
- Competitive salaries
- Personal time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Annual training and career development
- Company-provided equipment, including cell phones
- Weekly catered lunch in the office
HOW WE DO IT
A next generation MSP, Datapipe is recognized as the pioneer of managed services for public cloud platforms. Datapipe has unique expertise in architecting, migrating, managing and securing public cloud, private cloud, hybrid IT and traditional IT around the globe.
Backed by a global team of experienced professionals and world-class interconnected data centers, Datapipe provides comprehensive cloud, compliance, security, governance, automation and DevOps solutions. Gartner named Datapipe a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting.
What we do and how we do it matters. Datapipe’s culture reflects who are and what we stand for as a company. We measure our success by the success of our clients.
Innovative and Collaborative
Technology equals change. We embrace the challenge of continual improvement and work together, across teams and around the world. Our teams are always seeking to learn, test, prove, and adopt best of breed technologies, processes and services to enable the success of our clients.
Confident and Empathetic
Datapipe is recognized as an industry leader. We are trusted with solving complex, mission critical problems for the world’s most recognized brands. We develop a deep understanding of our clients' business challenges and objectives, taking a personal interest in helping them achieve their goals.
How to apply
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.