🔧 What will you do?
The Platform Services team is responsible for creating and managing the platforms that power our products. For us, that means providing our teams with reliable, resilient, and performant data ingestion / data access systems. We ingest massive amounts of data, process it, and make it available for further use as quickly as possible. As a member of our team, you will have an opportunity to work on all aspects of these systems, typically using a combination of Go, Kubernetes, and hosted Google Cloud Services for your daily tasks.
While you'll occasionally work on the APIs and data pipelines that power our user-facing systems, you'll spend most of your time building the platforms that make the API and data pipeline work possible for other teams without our direct involvement. You'll work regularly with operations and other platform teams to continually enhance the stability of our systems, and you'll also work alongside our feature and data science teams to enhance our service offerings.
🐉 Who are you?
You love developing software and your passion for building with code is palpable. You love spending time creating efficient, performant, and reliable data processing systems. You are particularly fond of building and using distributed systems to solve problems at scale. You love building applications and tooling on top of Go and Kubernetes, and you are familiar with how to make your applications observable for production operations.
While you’re a developer with a passion for writing good code, you also enjoy brainstorming sessions with your peers and product owners to discover the best solution to a problem. You see the importance of providing input and considering the points-of-view of those around you. At the end of the day, you enjoy being part of a healthy team culture that practices mutual respect.
- You subscribe to the DevOps mindset and are comfortable with observability tooling.
- You have built applications on top of Kubernetes.
- You have familiarity with databases (relational and/or NoSQL).
- You’re curious and self-motivated, so you’re probably really familiar with a variety of different tech. We understand the value of learning continuously and expanding out of your comfort zone.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, Code School Certification or equivalent
- Experience with Go and Kubernetes.
- Experience working in a cloud environment.
- Compensation: $125,000-$165,000
How to apply
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.