Bom dia (gm) friends in Portugal
You’ve stumbled onto this job posting at the right time!ChainSafe will be hosting a full-day blockchain event that will include a recruiting event, talks, workshops, food, drinks, music, and a good time
If you have even a passing interest in Web 3.0, decentralized technology, and blockchain, we urge you to stop by at Second Home in Lisbon on Saturday, Oct 23 2021 .You will meet with contributors from Ethereum, have drinks with cypherpunks, and dance the night away with passionate techies. Build a brazen future with us. Make day 1 with ChainSafe at Second Home in Lisbon.
🔍What: Super Block(chain) Super Rocks w/ ChainSafe
👨👩👧👦 Who: ChainSafe, friends from the blockchain ecosystem, and YOU ❤️
📅 When: Saturday, Oct 23rd 2021, 9 am to 7 pm local time
🏡 Where: Second Home Lisboa (Mercado de Ribeira, Avenida 24 de Julho, 1200-479 Lisboa, Portugal)
🤔 Why: Learn about the future of the web and to celebrate #LisCon and Lisbon Blockchain Week
👝 Cost: Free
If you're interested, please don't hesitate to register using the Eventbrite link:
ChainSafe Systems, a blockchain research, and development company, is seeking dedicated Protocol Engineers to join one of our protocol implementation teams.
A protocol engineer at ChainSafe will join one of the following teams:
• Lodestar (eth2 implementation in TypeScript)
• Gossamer (Polkadot host implementation in Go)
• Forest (Filecoin implementation in Rust)
• Mina-rs (Mina implementation in Rust)
• or, a potential new team
As a protocol engineer, you will join one of the above teams (currently sized between 4-6 people) and develop and maintain the implementation of the blockchain protocol, often referred to as a node or a blockchain client. You will be tasked with implementing new features, occasionally from a technical specification or a reference implementation; maintaining existing features; and ensuring the implementation stays compatible with the current specification of the protocol, and updating the code when upgrades are made to the network. Every implementation is open-source. The position is full-time and remote-friendly.
As a protocol engineer, you have a desire to implement and deploy novel protocols that have never been implemented before in that language, you have a passion for open-source software and understanding that you will be maintaining code that will be widely used on a decentralized network, you are able to clearly communicate and document your thoughts, and you have a desire to contribute to the space.
• Read and understand a protocol specification and be able to break it into issues and turn it into code
• Design and implement new features for the client
• Refactor and improve existing features in the client
• Ensure the client says compatible with the other client implementations
• Collaborate with and assist team members on their issues
• Collaborate with other protocol implementation teams to share knowledge on the protocol, whether it be high-level protocol details or technical details that are common to every client
• Communicate effectively with the team and document your code and the client as a whole
Required skills and experience
• Proficiency in Rust, Go, or TypeScript
• Knowledge of system design in one of the above languages
• Be able to proactively dive into novel territory and share knowledge on what you've learned
Nice to have
• Experience with blockchain protocols, whether it be usage of a blockchain API, knowledge of how a blockchain operates, or any other experience
• Experience with distributed systems, peer-to-peer systems, network programming, and cryptography
• Experience writing software from a technical specification or a reference implementation
• Experience maintaining a large codebase with many components and keeping it well-designed, future-proofed, and modular
• Experience with documenting a large codebase, both for internal and user-facing components
• Familiarity with open-source software principles
ChainSafe is a remote-first company with an international team. We offer opportunities for personal and professional learning and growth, value autonomy and responsibility, and have a results-driven environment, flexible work hours and time-off policy, as well as competitive salary.
To apply for this position, please fill out the linked application form at https://chainsafe.io/careers***.*** Please attach your CV/resume as well as a link to your Github/Gitlab profile or some other software project you have contributed to.
How to apply
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.