Herdius is seeking for a Gopher Guru - an experienced Senior Golang Backend-Developer - to join our team of smart and visionary individuals. Experience in Blockchain is not necessary but def. a plus.
Besides the Herdius HQ being located in Berlin our Dev-Team is working remote on different time-zones - so this vacancy surely is location agnostic, too.
We would expect you to contribute at least 20hrs per week for part-time but joining full time is possible, too.
Cool things you will work on:
- Implementation and design of Herdius’ consensus algorithm and p2p order routing protocol.
- Lots of work around trading and high volume data handling and transfer.
- Design and implementation of a low-latency, high-availability, and performant algorithmic hedge fund and exchange order book.
- Integration of the Herdius distributed private key generation protocol.
- Constant performance testing and improvement of our architecture.
- Working on new financial products that have not been seen in the crypto world, setting up the base-layer infrastructure of a trading system and hedge fund
- Strong proficiency & experience working with Golang
- 3+ years of experience as a backend engineer, language agnostic but Go, React, NodeJS, Vue.JS, Scala, Angular, Rust preferred
- Experience and passion working with distributed systems and networking
- Strong interest in blockchains and related technologies
- Passion for delivering quality, secure code with loads of testing
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Interest in privacy and cryptography, trading and financial service
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind various consensus algorithms
- Understanding differences between dPOS, DAGs, Plasma, BFT, aBFT, etc.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Your education or experience at the end of the day does not matter to us. It all comes down to us being convinced by your skills and drive! We mainly look for people who are passionate about projects they work on and have the drive to see a project through. Our code is mostly done in Golang with some Solidity for connectivity with Ethereum.
How to apply
You can apply by emailing email@example.com with the above documents/links