As a Senior Back-End Developer, you will be joining our experienced development team, and be responsible for the infrastructure and code powering a game platform that brings fun to tens millions of users. You'll build features in Go and continuously deploy to our high-performance microservice infrastructure on AWS. You own your microservices, so we're willing let you experiment with other languages from time to time as well.
- Support, develop and enhance highly scalable and highly available infrastructure in Amazon AWS.
- Create microservices in Go and Node.js. Experiment with other technologies as you see fit.
- Design, build and maintain the new backend of the Poki Platform, allowing it to grow from 30 million to 100 million monthly active users and beyond.
- Maintain stability and scalability of an infrastructure handling over 100,000 concurrent active users.
- Unify our code base and separate front and backend with low-latency web API’s.
- Build and continuously deploy features for tens of millions of users around the world.
- Work with large sets of data and contribute to our machine-learning recommendation algorithms.
- Microservices on AWS
- We just switched from PHP to Go on the back-end
- React and Redux on the front-end, Node.js for server-side rendering
- Gitlab for CI, unit tests and deployment
- Docker for containers
- Kubernetes for cluster orchestration
More info: http://jobs.poki.com
How to apply
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please let us know so that we can keep the jobs all about Go.