What you’ll do
- Take ownership of the architecture, design, development, deployment and operations of the microservices you will develop, using DevOps practices, pair programming and other cutting edge methodologies
- Be active, solution-oriented member of autonomous, cross-functional agile teams collaborating with Product Owners, Front-end Engineers, Designers, and Business Intelligence teams
- Participate in bi-weekly Chapter Days to take part in exploratory initiatives and to share knowledge and trends with the engineering department
- Having an in-depth understanding of HelloFresh’s core product and architecture, and act as ambassador for software solutions offering support and mentorship to colleagues
- Work with state-of-the-art technologies like Kafka, RabbitMQ, Spark, Kubernetes, Istio, and more
What you’ll bring
- Solid back-end experience within Microservice architecture using Golang
- Experience working with Docker and container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes
- As well as experience in CI/CD methods and practices
- Practical experience of TDD, BDD, DDD and distributed architectural patterns
- Background working with event-driven architectures using RabbitMQ and/or Kafka
- Experienced in end-to-end development processes, including unit, integration & functional testing, distributed architecture, application tuning/profiling, and continuous integration
- Experience working with relational and document databases, including PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB
- You thrive in the opportunity to collaborate and mentor team members, while also sharing practical knowledge and trends
- Interacting with front-end developers, designers, product managers and our teams around the world is very much part of our day-to-day, so communication skills are vital. We are looking for strong problem-solvers who can apply their engineering skills to a wide range of platforms and environments, while also acting as an ambassador to coach team members and stakeholders.
What we offer
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to move to Berlin plus visa application support
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
HelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub, Berlin, we’ve become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 14 countries across 3 continents.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on a wide variety of challenging problems. The result is a high output where we constantly build and release features and engines that make our business thrive, allowing us to deliver real financial impact.
Our more than 7,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart and soul of our diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
We are HelloFresh
At HelloFresh we embrace and welcome diversity and we currently employ over 7,000 individuals globally who contribute to this. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer – everyone is welcome at our table.
How to apply
Please submit your complete application to email@example.com including your salary expectations and earliest starting date. After submitting an application our team will review this and get back to you within 5 business days. For insight into our interview process take a look at our recent post here. https://engineering.hellofresh.com/interviewing-with-hellotech-what-to-expect-a75e7c482faf
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.