We are looking for Backend Engineers with significant experience building scalable distributed applications. You will be working closely with our Mobile (Android, iOS and Unity) and Infrastructure teams. If you are someone who likes to ask questions, if you are proactive and a problem solver, if you prefer to collaborate instead of going alone and if you take pride on the quality of your code, then you are the ideal candidate. You should also be detail oriented, but think out of the box and fly outside boundaries when needed. Besides your proven history of success, you also have passion for technology and like us you value hard work and fun in equal measure.
GetSocial is growing rapidly, as is the portfolio of Game Developers who integrate our SDK, so we need someone that ensures that our current architecture can handle an increasing volume of traffic and helps us migrating to a more robust and scalable architecture.
Your role and responsibilities:
- Maintain, document, unit test and (eventually) develop new features for our current API / Backend.
- Help with the migration from our current architecture to the new one.
- Conduct Proof-of-Concepts, develop prototypes, research ways to make our backend and infrastructure more robust and scalable in a cost effective manner.
- Diagnose and investigate complex systemic problems.
- 4+ Years of experience with the following:GNU/Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, etc)
- Full software development cycle
- Writing RESTful APIs
- Experience in Python.
- Experience in GoLang / Scala or a desire to learn new languages and technologies.
- Nice to have:Experience working in Scrum / Agile methodologies
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (SQS, S3, SNS, ElasticCache, EC2, etc)
- Experience in writing MapReduce ETLs
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Strong English communication skills – both verbal and written – with ability to communicate clearly and at the right level of detail.
- A quick learner with the ability to adapt to the changing service needs and processes of the business.
- Experience prioritizing tasks effectively to complete deliverables on time while also supporting day-to-day issue escalations.
- Experience in fast paced, high growth startups.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Great working environment – you are your own boss
- Working with the latest tech
- Choice of development systems (Mac, PC, Pen and Paper)
How to apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com