Parsley Health is a motivated team with a mission to transform the health of everyone, everywhere through the best possible medicine. Our work is inspired by our members’ journey and our actions are focused on impact and results. We excel in a high-paced work environment while appreciating what it means to be healthy and well.
You appreciate the challenge of building reliable, secure, complex systems. You prefer working with typed languages for the reliability they offer. You understand how to modularize systems to enable software teams to scale their efforts. You can't live without CI and know where Kubernetes or Terraform fit into the stack. You love writing tests, care about code quality and enjoy keeping up-to-date on industry best practices. While you can't imagine writing a modern application without the cloud, you have a healthy appreciation for the many ways in which distributed systems may fail. You're always thinking beyond the scope of the current project, and about the larger product vision.
- GCP is our platform for all custom application development and services.
- Services are dockerized and scheduled by Kubernetes.
- gRPC is our common service language. GraphQL is provided for clients.
- Current languages of choice are Golang (new services) and Kotlin (legacy).
- Managed Postgres with Cloud SQL.
- Datadog handles our metrics, Sentry logs exceptions.
- GitHub actions is our CI/CD service.
- Programming new API features to support consumer-facing products.
- Develop against and evolve third-party integrations and systems synchronization.
- Help implement our new applications and infrastructure leveraging: Google Cloud, gRPC, Kubernetes.
- Ensuring high code-quality and high availability of our core services infrastructure.
- Technical leadership.
- Mentoring other engineers.
- Maintain HIPAA compliant logging and security.
- Explore promising new technologies to differentiate our care and products.
- 5+ years work experience as a backend software engineer.
- Experienced with typed languages such as Scala, Kotlin, Rust, Golang, Java.
- Strong knowledge of Google Cloud / AWS / cloud-centric architecture and design patterns.
- Experience developing APIs in modern applications e.g. gRPC, GraphQL, REST.
- Containerization experience, knowledge of CI tooling, testing frameworks and other code quality tools are crucial.
- Worked with SQL databases, particularly Postgres.
- Experienced with comprehensive testing.
- Great compensation package
- Meaningful equity stake
- Complimentary Parsley Health Complete Care membership
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401K + Employer Matching
- Flexible work environment
- Generous 4+ weeks of paid time off
At Parsley Health we believe in celebrating everything that makes us human and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We embrace diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we are able to serve our members.
How to apply
Apply on our website https://www.parsleyhealth.com/careers/?gh_jid=4201503003
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.