Bolt is a team of top engineers from Stanford, MIT, Facebook, Twitter, and Square, funded by top investors. We're designing a new vision for money and digital payments in the 21st century.
We are looking for an experienced backend Go developer to build a new wave of scalable, performant, and reliable financial applications.
About This Job
We are seeking to hire an experienced and motivated back-end developer with a passion for technology, finance, and payments. You will play a core role on our team while building a payments application that millions of people will rely on for security, features, and performance. You will be tasked with leadership as they relate to strategic direction, engineering, and technical operations.
- Lead the software development team to ensure consistent and timely delivery of our software products.
- Maintain a high-level of quality and architectural integrity while maximizing resources.
- Champion agile development processes and test-driven development
- Monitor, report and execute the product roadmap, ensuring deadlines and budgets are met
- Establish and track clear, useful metrics which help us continually improve our processes.
- Ensure easily maintainable code by creating and enforcing technical standards.
- Ensure the product is efficient, stable and scalable.
- 4+ years of engineering experience building large-scale technical applications
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycles
- 8+ years of software engineering
- Experience with Go, linux, postgres/mysql, open source software, and cloud services
- Ability to operate in a startup environment and execute in the presence of ambiguity and change
- Ability to handle an agile and balance process with agility
- Ability to fit in well within an informal environment and provide hands-on management.
- Team-building skills to grow and hire future talent and foster growth and innovation
- Talented leader who can become a key player in our organization
- Passionate about payments, technology, and finance
- Located in the Bay Area
- Experience in payments or financial services is a plus
Why work with us now
We are taking on the biggest problems in digital payments. Due to our early stage, everyone who just will take on full leadership responsibilities with future growth and leadership opportunities. This is an opportunity for you to work with one of the top early teams in the technology industry.
- Change the world by building next-generation payments products
- Significant equity at a growing company
- Ownership and autonomy over large projects
- Flexible hours and work-from-home days to maximize your potential
- Daily meals and snacks
- Health benefits
- Free gym membership
- Relocation support
- An awesome team dog
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply
Send your linkedin profile or resume to email@example.com.
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.