Does writing a protobuf message excite you? What about the term “service mesh”? Are you driven by high quality code, risk isolation, and fault tolerance? Great, keep reading.
We’re on the hunt for a talented Senior Backend Engineer that will help transform the ancient world of specialty insurance with robust, distributed systems and clean, backend API architectures. We are converting prior monolith architectures to microservices and rapidly adding various system integrations as the product matures.
With customers in the UK and US, PolicyFly has grown quickly to become the market leader as a best-in-class platform for specialty insurers to transact and bind insurance worldwide. With decades of software engineering experience, PolicyFly has one of the most mature, robust engineering organizations in all of insurance.
Think you’re a good fit? Please apply, we’d love to chat!
- Strong experience in Go and Python
- Strong knowledge of Linux, you should use Linux on as your primary OS
- Good knowledge of either gRPC/Thrift or Websockets, as well as protobuf or Swagger. gRPC/protobuf preferred
- Strong knowledge of Docker
- Strong knowledge of either PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Strong experience with Kubernetes or some other container orchestration system (Docker Swarm, etc).
- Strong experience building and maintaining microservice architectures.
- Expert in setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipelines.
- Strong experience with composing unit and functional tests.
- Strong experience with composing written documentation.
- Good knowledge of composing software requirements in iterative development workflows. Methodology not relevant.
- Comfortable working remotely, overlapping EST by ~6+ hours per day
- Competitive Salary w/ equity in a growing startup
- Unlimited Vacation
- Small team of exceptional engineers + project managers
- Remote-first team
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.