Our client is a Y-Combinator alumni startup that has built a platform and tools to automate remote communication with customers… while not losing the personal touch!
Their core backend is built with Go and they use Python for E2E testing, but hey are constantly exploring new tech that best fits the needs of their customers and engineers . They believe in using the best tools for the job, and value engineering expertise over language prowess.
They value: documentation, test coverage, documentation, code review, documentation, CI/CD and a principle-level mentaility.
You should apply if:
- You’re passionate about building beautifully crafted software and creating awesome developer experiences.
- You want to build a product you would use yourself, and bring your unique insight and perspective to the table as an engineer in shaping our overarching product offering.
- You like solving big problems. Their greatest challenges are on the horizon, and they will need experienced, intelligent, hard-working and creative minds to solve foundational infrastructure challenges to further establish their SaaS platform as the leading B2C messaging platform.
- You value collaboration, autonomy, moving fast and getting lots done. We have no time or interest for bureaucracy and micromanagement — we’re moving fast and you’ll be required to take responsibility for delivering end to end to product.
- You want to make a huge impact, and share in the success of a company you’ve helped build.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have a strong technical background, including 7+ years of experience building impactful products or systems
- Have 2+ years of Go experience
- Have incredible communication skills and are a joy to work with
- Enjoy doing anything it takes to solve problems and see projects through to completion
- Take pride in designing, building, and maintaining APIs, services, and systems at scale
- Find improving engineering standards, tooling, and processes rewarding
- Uphold best practices in engineering, security and design
- Hold yourself and others to a high level of accountability when working with production
- Can effectively debug complex problems across the whole stack
- Enjoy doing whatever it takes to solve problems and delight users
- Have experience with AWS
- Have experience with real-time web - WebSockets / WebRTC
- Have experience with CI/CD
What you will do:
- Thrive in a collaborative environment developing and executing against immediate and long term roadmaps and making effective tradeoffs considering business priorities, but always with the user experience in mind
- Write high quality, performant code that sees tons of exposure and user feedback in a growing, fast-pace, startup environment
- Teach and mentor junior ICs to become the next generation of top-tier engineers
- Inform critical decisions with consideration for software best practices, system design, and product roadmap
- Scrutinize and reason clearly about the technology and architecture choices we make in building platforms or products/services
- Serve as a role model for software design and scalable systems architecture by developing, sharing, and setting the bar for engineering quality
How to apply
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.