Our client is building the next generation of developer infrastructure for Web3 and is backed by strategic partners, investors, and advisors who are all-in on their mission: Chamath of Social Capital, Coinbase Ventures, Solana Ventures, and many more. They are seeking a remote Senior Backend Engineer (Golang) with 3+ years of experience in Go to design, implement, and operate their blockchain infrastructure platform..
A successful candidate must have demonstrable experience in Go, and previous work in SaaS application development and operations. You will be responsible to ensure the environment is built, deployed, configured, managed, and monitored correctly to support the business. The ideal candidate will also have prior experience developing applications on either of the three major cloud platforms - AWS, Azure, or GCP via Kubernetes.
- Design, creation, and provisioning of infrastructure
- Write beautiful maintainable Golang code - idiomatic Go!
- Create modular and extensible micro-services to support the platform
- Build a reliable fault-tolerant service
- Identify and troubleshoot any availability and performance issues at multiple layers of deployment, from hardware, to operating environment, network, and application
- Evaluate performance trends and expected changes in demand and capacity, and establish the appropriate scalability plans
- Troubleshoot and solve customer platform issues
- Ensure that SLAs are met in executing operational tasks
- Collaborate with other engineers to implement operational solutions while defining and adhering to industry best practices
- 3+ years related professional experience using Golang
- Experience with Prometheus/Grafana for metrics aggregation/visualization is plus
- Experience with automation tools/platforms
- Experience with alerting and monitoring tools is plus
- Experience working in a highly distributed company is a plus
- Align a portion of your day with the business hours of Central Time Zone - UTC -6
- Systematic problem-solving approach, combined with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Some working knowledge of web and network protocols and standards (HTTP, TLS, DNS, etc)
- Experience writing automation tools & eagerness to "automate all the things"
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or relevant experience
What does success in this role look like?
- In three months, you have become one of our lead Golang developers. You’ll have taken on independent code review responsibilities and are collaborating on the design of new features
- In six months, you have earned the trust of the team and are delivering tasks through the entire SDLC, from design through development with minimal guidance, and are helping to effectively mentor new engineers joining the team
- In twelve months, you have established a cadence of predictable, on-time delivery without cutting corners
How to apply
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.