tutti.ch started in 2010 and is the biggest classifieds marketplace in Switzerland with almost 3 million monthly active users. tutti.ch is part of the Swiss Marketplace Group (SMG), one of the largest digital companies in Switzerland, headquartered in Zürich. In our Core Team, we are looking for a passionate engineer (f/m/d) located in Germany or France in the position of
Senior Backend Engineer Go
How are we working in the Core Team?
As an engineer, it is a very fulfilling experience to work in the Core Team at tutti.ch, as you are involved in every aspect of software development. We don't use Scrum but a development model based on the Basecamp Shape Up approach, which means we get involved from the very beginning of a new feature development where we assist the Product and Design Team in technical questions. We collaborate with the Web, iOS, and Android developers to provide them with an API on which they can build upon. In the Core Team, we work also closely with our colleagues from the Sys Team and you can choose to be involved in System Engineering tasks.
We run our services written in Go on AWS using Kubernetes. We deploy daily to more than 300k active users, directly from Gitlab where we also do code reviews. We celebrate ownership and responsibility; we are responsible not only for the software design and implementation but also for the deployment and monitoring of our services.
At tutti.ch, we have been working on many exciting projects, and we have a lot more in the pipeline. One big project we worked on in 2021, and which we are very proud of, is the development of an on-platform instant messaging to allow our users to get in contact even more direct and safely. We offer seamless integration of Web, iOS, Android, and email communication. The Core Team built a solution from the ground up using Golang, Redis, PostgreSQL, and SendGrid as an external email service provider. The system has proven to be very solid and handles high numbers of connections and messages.
What should you bring to start working with us:
Most important is a positive attitude and passion for your job. We live a people over processes mentality - we are looking for a pragmatic and empathic team member, who seeks understanding before being understood.
You should have a solid background in Go programming and real-world experience providing web-services. It would be a great addition if you have experience in fulltext search (Elasticsearch), relational databases at a reasonable scale (PostgreSQL), service orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes) and (AWS) cloud services in general.
What we offer:
- Flexible remote work policy: You can work from home or in our office in Valbonne, France, or in a coworking space in Berlin, Germany
- For this job position, you need to be located in Germany, or France and have a valid work permit
- Competitive salary and a variety of fringe benefits
- Budget for personal development and education
- Providing equipment of your choice
- Opportunity to grow both professionally and personally in a stimulating environment
- Work in an international team of talented engineers
- Collaboration with people from other brands in the SMG Tech Community
- A modern working environment with a positive and friendly atmosphere
- Once a year team-building event in changing remote locations all over Europe
How to apply
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.