You will be a member of the Logistics Squad, a small, cross-functional and co-located product team building applications and services that help millions of small businesses thrive. The Logistics Squad is highly autonomous and we empower every member to have a significant impact on feature design, prioritization and delivery. As a highly-motivated and curious engineer, you will be able to help shape the future of the team as well as the future of SumUp’s engineering organization.
The team’s mission is to create a seamless and transparent delivery and return process for all of the SumUp’s merchants and internal stakeholders and to establish and maintain trusting relationships with them.
As a Senior Go Developer you will be working on evolving the team’s microservices architecture by taking end-to-end ownership over what you build: from concept to creation, testing, documentation, deployment, operations, monitoring, maintenance. Our infrastructure is built on Kubernetes and Docker. You’ll participate in designing and planning feature implementation, as well as actively advocating for removing tech debt, fixing bugs, refactoring and making iterative improvements.
YOU'LL BE GREAT FOR THIS POSITION IF
- You want to be part of shaping the product and having a direct impact on the business.
- You have a strong philosophy on testing and use this mindset to write robust, maintainable, clean code.
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge with others, whether it's through mentorship, pair programming, or whiteboard design sessions.
- Our recruitment process focuses on assessing candidates for their fit to the team overall. We therefore explicitly encourage you to apply even if you do not meet 100% of the listed requirements here.
- 3+ years experience with Go
- Experience with other backend languages is a plus
- Solid understanding of design principles and creating clear and predictable REST APIs
- Experience with relational databases, preferably Postgres
- Experience or interest in DevOps topics, such as working with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and/or Jenkins
- Mindset towards scalability and resilience without overengineering based on current challenges
- Open to learning different tools, frameworks and languages to get the job done
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN SUMUP
1. We can offer you a ton of growth and further development opportunities.
We’ve established several programs including a dual career progression track (you can develop either towards a principal engineer or leadership role) and an annual 2000 EUR edu budget. We regularly host HackDays and networking events to promote exchange with Berlin’s robust engineering community. In addition, we offer an internal mobility program allowing for the opportunity to join other teams within SumUp, plus a wide variety of training programs on soft skill topics like public speaking and unconscious bias.
2. We are a safe choice of an employer with a bright future ahead.
Supported by a recent €330 million funding round, our team of 2400+ employees continues to grow. Our recent growth has allowed us to serve millions of small businesses in 31 countries (and counting) around the world. SumUp continues to grow and is backed by TPG, Bain Capital Credit, Groupon, Holtzbrinck Ventures, and other renowned venture capital investors. As we continue to expand into new markets and new product areas, our need for engineering support continues to grow!
3. Your work matters.
Merchant Acquisition is a key business area, enabling our expansion into new markets. Your contributions directly impact a core goal of SumUp, which is to connect small merchants with our tools.
A relocation package for you (and your family) is part of the offer; fully remote work is ok until the pandemic is over. From that point, we will move to a hybrid work model.
We believe in the everyday hero. Those who have the courage to follow their passion and who have the strength and determination to realise their dreams.Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.
How to apply
Apply directly - we promise a response within 24 hours: https://grnh.se/0d93c4c62us
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.