Bidroom is one of the most successful start-ups in the world engineering an innovative online booking travel platform, with modern software engineering, data science, and product best practices.
We have been appreciated with a couple of recognizable awards: the Best "Grown Startup" from HospitalityTechnology Forum 2019, Startup Of The Year 2018 by travmagazine, One of 100 hottest startups in Europe according to WIRED magazine, Uzakrota Awards for the number one Foreign Travel Startup in Turkey 2019, Uzakrota Awards for the World's Leading Travel Website 2020, Uzakrota Awards for the World's Leading Travel Scaleup 2021.
Bidroom is a company offering a tremendous opportunity to gain solid experience and share expertise while working on cutting-edge tech products in a diverse, multinational, remote, cross-functional Team and a culture baked in in collaboration.
Our disparate views and backgrounds create cross-fertilization that sparks insight and innovation. It makes a difference between simply doing a job and being part of a community to tackle projects. You will see that what you do really matters.
We are growing and we are expanding our community of distributed and remote collaboration towards other cities in Europe.
If you are an experienced Software Engineer and want to be a part of something great, apply to join our remote Bidroom Community in Cracow!
About the role,
As one of our Backend Engineers you will help shape and scale our online travel platform, with modern software engineering, analytics and product practices. You will take part in introducing the best technologies available today - Cloud Native Applications, Microservices, Big Data Analytics, AI, and DevOps best practices - all managed with agile processes.
We build our Backend with GoLang, PHP, Kotlin, Elixir, Python, Typescript, React and gRPC/REST/GraphQL APIs.
What will you be doing?
- You will be a part of the engineering team responsible for all aspects of the platform’s backend ecosystem: creating new features, testing, bug fixing, performance and deployment,
- You will architecture low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications for Bidroom’s SaaS travel platform based on modern tech stack set on cloud-based, virtualized infrastructure, service-oriented architecture and event based communication with Golang & PHP backend services,
- You will design and optimize the server side of the platform applications ecosystem that use multiple protocols and paradigms to communicate,
- Test and debug backend processes to ensure that the platform core services run effectively at all times,
- Create optimized database schemas and data storage solutions,
- You will participate in project meetings to identify, evaluate and implement backend best practices.
What skills should you have?
- 5+ years of production software development experience in architecturing backend for high performance, reliable Distributed Systems and web/mobile applications,
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles, testing, data structures and algorithms,
- Expert in GO or one of the object-oriented and/or functional languages such as PHP, Kotlin, Elixir, Python, Typescript, React,
- Experienced in developing scalable and secure Cloud Native Microservices using Message Queues, Lambda functions, Docker Containers, Service Mesh, Streaming and Event processing systems on AWS,
- Expert in using gRPC, REST/GraphQL APIs,
- Good knowledge of Unix/Linux operating system and shell scripting,
- Good knowledge of Relational DBMS like MySQL, PostgreSQL,
- Strong supporter of good OO design patterns, SOLID principles and Clean Code,
- Some experience with Big Data, Serverless Architectures will be an asset,
- Able to work with Agile methodologies such as SCRUM and Kanban,
- Good communication and collaboration skills,
- Self motivated and able to work in a fast-paced startup environment,
- Proficient in English.
How to apply
Please apply via the following link: https://bidroom.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=15&source=bamboohr
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.