This position is open to candidates in the US and Canada with work authorization. We do not sponsor H-1B visas or green cards.
We’re The Wild, and we’re passionate about collaboration and the power of technology to transform the way we work together. We’ve built a virtual workspace that allows architecture and design teams to collaborate at human scale in virtual and augmented reality.
Are you a proficient Go developer that loves building at scale? Are you looking for a product that is exciting to work on, in an industry that will define the future? Whether you started in the cloud or migrated there during your career, we’re looking for someone like you to join our experienced team building the next generation of virtual collaboration tools.
You’ll spend your time architecting and building robust, performant systems running on cloud providers and utilizing cloud services. You’ll work across teams to anticipate backend requirements for upcoming product and engineering needs. You’ll continually improve the security, performance and elegance of the system.
What You’ll Do
- Work with our integrated cloud/native team to build solutions addressing the core challenges of worldwide collaborative XR.
- Design and build scalable services to support upcoming features.
- Learn and improve our existing Go-based systems.
- Design secure, elegant APIs for client applications.
- All the standard stuff: Document architecture, write robust code, stay current on cloud services, evaluate frameworks, etc.
What You'll Use
- Go, Git
- AWS, GCP
- Firestore, MongoDB
- You want to be excited about the product you’re building. We love what we’re creating at The Wild and want you to love it, too.
- You have commercial experience developing scalable cloud applications.
- You are a proficient Go developer.
- You are familiar with basic cloud services, encompassing compute, routing, scaling, storage, databases and functions.
- You are test- and data-driven and excel at understanding how things work to keep them working.
- You are self-motivated and self-directed.
- You’re eager to do your best work using all the tools you’ve gained through your career. We’re excited to see what you do!
Everyone brings along their own special skills and we want to hear about it. Some examples:
- An interest in containers and clusters, particularly Kubernetes.
- An interest in transport and messaging - TCP/UDP, HTTP/gRPC/WebSockets, MQTT/WebRTC, etc.; you think about how large amounts of data move efficiently between machines.
- The application of machine learning to 3D geometry and positional data.
Why You’ll Love Working Here
We create experiences for people, not devices. We strive to create joy and allow our humanity to shine through our work. Among the things you will enjoy about working here:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation time and unlimited PTO
- Paid family/parental leave
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive team here at The Wild. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. The Wild is an equal opportunity employer: we value and welcome diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Our goal is to create a community rich with cultural, social, and intellectual diversity.
How to apply
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.