Who are we?
Flyt, part of the Just Eat Takeaway Group, is a technology platform designed to connect the world’s largest food delivery company to big restaurant brands everywhere. Chances are, if you have ordered food on your phone you have touched our technology.
Today, we’re a global company, with our technology being deployed across Europe, North America and Australasia, and with team members in six countries. Yet we’re still human-scale: everyone can get to know everyone, and we are structured to ensure every team has a strong sense of community and autonomy on how to hit their goals.
Flyt is organised in small, cross-functional, autonomous teams we call squads. Each one of our squads owns an area of the product end-to-end and is responsible for meeting a business goal. Same principles as the Spotify model, but customised to what works for us.
Collaborating Together, Inspiring Excellent Results! At Flyt, we value five key areas - Care, Transparency, Individual Leadership, Enthusiasm and Results Achievement which we embrace and use to define ourselves. These values enable us with the guiding principles to make our own choices.
We are on the lookout for a remote senior developer to join the team at Flyt.
Experience in either Go or Node, and some PHP would be massively beneficial and you must love being autonomous in a small team.
What you’ll be doing
Here’s what your day-to-day looks like:
- To build new features in our two core languages Go and Node
- To work within our Microservices architecture and deliver highly level readable and maintainable code
- To work with the world's largest delivery companies and to innovate in this exciting space
- To make key architectural decisions and to help move our platform forwards
You must have:
- Proven development experience in project environments
- Experience working with teams across different time zones
- Experience communicating in client facing roles as well as behind the scenes to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- A passion and desire to contribute to high impact projects in a fast pace organisation
Working with us
You’ll love working here if:
- Remote working is your thing!
- You can’t wait to roll up your sleeves and build a great product with a dedicated team
- You love having a goal, and having the autonomy to decide the best way to go for it
- You obsess over personal growth. Feedback, Coaching, Learning, Teaching.
- You like to communicate transparently (all our #slack channels are public!), and are willing to listen to your peers, earn trust and show up curious
- Competitive Salary, £75,000 to £95,000 per annum
- Flexibility to truly work remotely
- Access to coaches on leadership, product, tech and sales
- Top spec Macbook Pro to enable you to do your job well
- The training budget you need to help you level-up
- A quarterly £££ bonus pool
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Quarterly meets at different locations around the world where we all get together, plan for the next quarter and have some fun (slightly on hold until it’s safe to do so again)
- A wellbeing programme that provides you with the tools, should you need, in supporting you in being your happy and healthy self!
- The opportunity to work in a fast-growing company with global expansion plans and operations spanning Europe, North America and Australasia.
We’re a diverse and inclusive workplace that promotes a sense of belonging, allowing everyone at Flyt to bring their true selves to work every day.
How to apply
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.