Posted Mar 1, 2018
New York, NY, USA - fully remote
What You'll Be Doing:
- Interfacing and collaborating with different departments (Marketing, Product Strategy, Customer Success, Data & Analytics) at DigitalOcean to design and deliver projects to improve DigitalOcean user’s experience.
- Commiting code into existing and new projects utilizing languages such as Go, Rails, Ember JS, and Python.
- Collaborating with the Data and Analytics team to measure effectiveness of projects. Analyze data to continually improve projects and collaborate with product strategy to develop new solutions.
- Designing, writing and running the systems that provide an intuitive experience for developers as they engage DigitalOcean products and services.
- Working with other engineers to build performant systems, that take into account testing, CI/CD, monitoring, alerting, build pipelines and deployment to multiple systems.
- Contributing back to the open source software that we rely on.
What We'll Expect From You:
- Significant experience working with software at scale.
- Comfortable working with back end technologies such as Go and Python, and front-end technologies such as Ember JS and Rails.
- The desire to help create and run highly reliable and performant distributed services.
- Experience in authoring designs and specifications.
- Excellent communications skills in written and oral form.
- A healthy respect for tests, and their relationship with distributed architectures and continuous integration.
- Enjoys learning new technologies and languages.
- A fluent Linux shell user with good understanding of Linux operating systems.
- Experience with Docker, CI/CD pipelines like Go CD, consuming and creating Lifecycle Events, etc.