Zumata is a data company that leverages artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities to provide other companies a set of tools that maximize sales from hotel bookings.
Do you like the challenge of mastering something new? Does creating clever and robust solutions alongside a kick-ass team sound like something you’d like to try? We have one of the most advanced Kubernetes, Ansible, Tensorflow, Go, Python and node setups you’re likely to ever work on, and where we’re going will be up to you and your teammates.
We’re tackling problems in scale, APIs and AI that push the envelope of technology in travel and conversational commerce, and we count some of the world’s leading travel players as our clients (Expedia, Amadeus, etc.).
Zumata is looking for a seasoned engineer to join a stellar team. We’re looking for someone who has an interest in system architecture, but a passion for getting things done. You’re smart enough to work at top companies, but you’re picky about finding the right role (this is more than just a job, right?). You’re experienced, but you also like to learn new things. And you want to work with smart people and have fun building something great.
- Build robust and scalable software in Golang, Python, and/or Node
- Design and create services and system architecture for your projects, and contribute and provide feedback to other team members
- Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
You also meet most (if not more) of the following requirements:
- 4-7 years of recent hands-on coding and software design
- Bachelor’s, master’s, or doctorate degree in a related field, or an intriguing reason for not having one
- A track record of projects completed on time – you are a flawless executor, not a procrastinator
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve head-scratching challenges
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge – you should know how to create software that’s extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives
- Have experience in coding for a high-scaling environment
- Experience with Java, Python or Go, and the willingness to learn new technologies (experience with other object-oriented languages is okay too, but our code is Go, Python and Node, so you should be able to get up-to-speed on at least one of them quickly)
- Experience with Linux/Unix and scripting languages like Python, Perl, shell scripting, etc.
- You’re so much fun to work with, that if you were working on the weekend, we’d want to join you.
How to apply
Interested applicants may submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org