Full remote work possible (European time zones only).
We are the fastest growing marketplace for refurbished electronics in the German speaking region and are based in Vienna. We are active in more than a dozen countries. Through our marketplace we sell completely renewed electronics like phones, laptops and tablets that are 40% cheaper and much more sustainable.
Learn more about how we work and how our team is structured - https://www.refurbed.org/about/workflow
Learn more about our backend systems & architecture - https://www.refurbed.org/about/backend
Learn more about our blog - https://www.refurbed.org
We are looking for a senior Go developer to help us build our platform. This includes our main API, AMQP worker daemon as well as several other services.
- Formal education in computer science
- Significant experience designing and implementing backend services
- Significant experience with software development using the Go programming language
- Good knowledge of SQL and relational database design
- You work independently and are goal-oriented.
- You have excellent English skills
- You are located in one of the European time zones
- Development of our main API
- Development of our smaller backend services
- Integration of external systems into our platform
ADDITIONAL FACTORS WE APPRECIATE
- You have experience with PostgreSQL
- You are comfortable working with *nix systems
- You have experience working with NGINX
- You have experience working with RabbitMQ
- You have experience working on highly-available and fault-tolerant systems
- You are active in the open-source community
- Startup atmosphere
- Work with an experienced team of experts
- Regular code-reviews
- Challenging tech-stack
- Available as fully remote position
Things we want to see from you:
- Your CV
- Your expected salary
- Your Github/GitLab profile or open source projects you contributed to
- Other representative examples of your work that are relevant to the position
- If you are active in communities like StackOverflow, please let us know as well
For legal matters we state that the minimum wage for this position is 3129 € gross per month. However, depending on your qualification a higher salary is obviously very likely.
About us - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSUSsUzM2og&feature=youtu.be
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.