Full remote work possible (European time zones only).
We are the fastest-growing marketplace for refurbished electronics in the German-speaking region and are based in Vienna. We are active in more than a dozen countries. Through our marketplace, we sell completely renewed electronics like phones, laptops, and tablets that are 40% cheaper and much more sustainable.
Learn more about how we work and how our team is structured - https://www.refurbed.org/about/workflow
Learn more about our backend systems & architecture - https://www.refurbed.org/about/backend
Learn more about our blog - https://www.refurbed.org
We are looking for a senior Go developer to help us build our platform. This includes our main API, AMQP worker daemon as well as several other services.
WHO YOU ARE
- Formal education in computer science
- Significant experience designing and implementing backend services
- Significant experience with software development using the Go programming language
- Good knowledge of SQL and relational database design
- You work independently and are goal-oriented.
- You have excellent English skills
- You are located in one of the European time zones
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Development of our main API
- Development of our smaller backend services
- Integration of external systems into our platform
ADDITIONAL FACTORS WE APPRECIATE
- You have experience with PostgreSQL
- You are comfortable working with *nix systems
- You have experience working with NGINX
- You have experience working with RabbitMQ
- You have experience working on highly available and fault-tolerant systems
- You are active in the open-source community
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
- Startup atmosphere
- Work with an experienced team of experts
- Regular code-reviews
- Challenging tech-stack
- Available as a fully remote position
- 25 paid vacation days
Things we want to see from you:
- Your CV
- Your expected salary
- Your Github/GitLab profile or open-source projects you contributed to
- Other representative examples of your work that are relevant to the position
- If you are active in communities like StackOverflow, please let us know as well
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.