At Unity we are passionate about gaming. We are a leading game server specialist providing the technology behind some of the world’s biggest games. Our microservice based architecture powering our Hybrid Scaling product is core to our strategy. As a key member of the team your role will be to develop complex, multi-part, highly distributed systems that are idempotent in nature and resilient to failure. We are breaking new ground with the way online multiplayer games are hosted.
We are looking for a spectacular Backend Developer who shares our passion for games, hyperscale automation and general geekery. At Unity we have a unique family atmosphere. Like a family we will spend time with you to help you develop and grow alongside the company. In return we are looking for passionate and driven people; people who value a company constantly striving to push the boundaries to be the best.
The role is based out of our Blackfield office so you will live within an hour of the office or you will be prepared to relocate. We would much prefer you to spend time doing the things you love and not commuting. The Team you will be part of work Monday to Friday. “Crunch periods” are few and far between. The team is responsible for developing our product powering many thousands of customers all over the world, launching AAA titles and keeping gamers gaming.
You will be an exceptional Developer in your field and will be able to pick up new ideas and technologies quickly and easily. You are always actively looking out for new technologies and methods that could benefit the business. We want to know all about you! So make sure to tell us about yourself, what games you’ve played, communities you belong to, what projects you have worked or are working on and why you think you'd be great for this role in your covering letter.
We are looking for:
- Experience working within a cross functional agile product team to deliver incremental changes in a continuous delivery environment.
- Strong experience in developing APIs and Microservices in a Service Oriented Architecture
- Ability to write self-documenting code using a test and behaviour driven approach, that adheres to SOLID principles.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills. You are able to solve hard problems.
- A security focused mindset with a strong knowledge in exposing services to the internet in a secure manner.
- A working knowledge of HA, resiliency and self-healing service design
The Required Technical bits:
- 4+ years in Backend development
- Previous Go experience in a production environment.
- Experience with distributed systems and CI pipelines
- Experience with at least one of the major three Cloud providers (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- A understanding of container and virtualization technologies.
- Working knowledge of Database technologies including SQL and NoSQL based products (Redis and InfluxDB in particular)
- Working knowledge of gRPC is a plus
Who We Are
We are product-driven, curious, and creative. We aggressively reinvest in development to keep Unity moving and evolving - from expanding usability and power, to platform reach. With over a billion installs per month, Unity touches gamers and non-gamers alike. As well as video games, our software is used in industries as diverse as medicine, visualization and shopping - democratizing game development while solving hard problems and enabling success for a huge range of developers worldwide.
Today, Unity has expanded to over 15 international offices and has employees in 23 countries. Every person at Unity Technologies has an inherent passion and driven spirit and it isn’t enough to be able to do the job- we’re looking for people that color outside the lines, are looking to be freed from the process tangle, and can dream big!
How to apply
Either apply online at. https://careers.unity.com/position/backend-developer/960799 or email me directly at email@example.com