CodePen is a social development environment for millions of frontend developers and designers. Our small team of seven helps hundreds of thousands of developers learn, share, and create on the web every day.
Our users span the globe from the Midwest to the Middle East, from middle school to agency pros all our users share a passion for learning and building on the web. We build tools to build websites so our users can create without the toil and trouble typical of common software development.
Your skills as a seasoned Golang programmer will help the next generation of web programmers build their best ideas. If you're passionate about software development and the web, we'd love to have you join our team.
What You'll Be Working On
As a seasoned Golang engineer, you'll be working on CodePen's next-generation Pen Editor. As the eighth member of the team, you'll play a pivotal role in developing and designing our ambitious new editor. We'll need your experience and ideas to:
- Develop a distributed, high-performance source code processing pipeline
- Build services to support real-time software editing
- Create a closed-loop system that takes advantage of Golang's unique attributes
- Be responsible for the security and performance of code processing pipelines
- Deploy hundreds of thousands of new user websites every month
- Migrate a Ruby on Rails application to Golang-powered web services supporting a GraphQL API
What You'll Need to Succeed
Because we're such a small team, every person makes a large impact on the product and most importantly, our users. We have a flat hierarchy, prize deep work, independence and creativity. We care most about delivering high-quality solutions that solve our users' problems.
You'll need to bring strong expertise in Golang to our backend team and be able to communicate those ideas to the entire team (customer success, design, frontend) so that we maintain a consistent thread throughout our codebase and product.
We're a small remote team of seven working across four timezones: PST, CST, EST and Australian Eastern Standard Time. Strong writing and communication skills are critical and deeply embedded within our culture.
Requirements and Benefits
- 7+ years experience programming
- 3+ years experience with Golang
- Node.js experience a plus
- Cloud and Linux experience a huge plus
- Remote work (entire team is remote)
- Share at least 3+ working hours with Pacific Time Zone
- Salary $120K (meets requirements) — $150K (exceeds requirements) / year
- Equity in a small startup with a single round of Pre-Seed Funding
- Healthcare, PTO, office reimbursements, awesome co-workers
How to apply
Email the following to email@example.com: 1. Resume 2. A sample of code that you’re particularly proud of. Ideally a system. We’d like to get a sense of your design philosophy.
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.