Transform the communications world! Location? You decide!
We’re proud (and excited!) to be transforming the global communications landscape through our Omnichannel Platform-as-a-Service (OPaaS).
Our Birds choose where they work from in the region we’re hiring in — this could be from one of our MessageBird hubs (Amsterdam, Singapore or Bogota) or remotely so long as it’s within a complementary timezone.... Want to work from a rural retreat? Sure, no problem! How about a bustling city getaway for a few weeks? Go ahead!
We understand that “life happens” and give you the freedom to choose the best environment for you to “get s**t done”. We expand our flock without geographical restrictions. This allows us to attract and assemble an industry leading team from a huge variety of backgrounds & cultures, making us more nimble, creative, and efficient!
Senior Software Engineer (Go) | Remotely from EMEA
Senior Software Engineers play a key role in our product engineering squads. You’ll be responsible for helping design, develop and maintain our communication products and related services. This will enable our customers to send out millions of SMS messages per day; place voice calls via our REST API; gain real-time insights using our Dashboard; and reach out to consumers via IM platforms like WhatsApp.
Our product engineering squads have the freedom and authority to create impactful products to empower both our internal and external customers. We use an agile development methodology, meaning we deploy code multiple times per day while ensuring our applications are rigorously tested and statically analyzed.
What You'll Do
- Help design and build a performant, scalable and fault-tolerant communication platform.
- Team with engineers to solve system design and implementation problems (and get a thrill out of every triumph!).
- Work with and enable engineers from other teams who interact with the platform.
- Problem-solve issues based on business/customer need and impact, working with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Teach others: One of the most meaningful tasks of a Senior Engineer is improving the knowledge level of the team members.
- You will flourish working in a hyper-growth environment where the next project is ready to be picked up.
What You'll Bring
- At least 5 years of relevant software development experience
- Strong experience in Golang is a must
- Experience dealing with high traffic applications (1M+ requests per day) is a must
- Strong experience working with relational and non-relational data stores (like MySQL, Cassandra & Redis).
- Experience with high-throughput relational database deployments
- Experience with Docker, Containers and Kubernetes.
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of development patterns, software architectures and design patterns (TDD, Event-Driven, SOLID, Hexagonal, DDD).
- Knowledge of (cloud) infrastructure principles (load balancing, high availability, containerized services, database configurations) is a must.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability of teaching others and helping them grow.
What You’ll Gain
Work from anywhere
Generous stock options for all Birds
WFH set-up budget
State-of-the-art work gear
Learn from hundreds of the best minds in the business
Collaborate with diverse colleagues from over 55 countries (and counting)
Ready To Fly?
Our cloud communications solutions make it possible for over 25,000 businesses to instantly connect with billions of devices worldwide, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, we operate across 10 international hubs and we’re proud to be a “Work Anywhere” company. Our unique and united culture is rooted in our team: a diverse flock of over 700 Birds who represent 55 nationalities and counting. We’re smart, fast, and hungry. Our potential for growth is limitless. You can learn more about our story and life as a Bird via #messagebird.
MessageBird is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
How to apply
Apply with resume: https://grnh.se/3b9fa8582us
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.