Parsley Health is an ambitious, mission-driven team that’s reinventing primary care to help people live healthier lives.
Parsley Health is the doctor of this generation. We make medicine the way it should be, with a focus on wellness, nutrition and prevention, supported by cutting-edge biomarker data and tech-enabled services that are friendly and create lasting connections. Parsley Health is venture-backed and one of fastest growing companies in health and wellness.
You appreciate the challenge of building reliable, secure, complex systems. You prefer working with typed languages for the reliability they offer. You understand how to modularize systems to enable software teams to scale their efforts. You can't live without CI and know where Kubernetes or Terraform fit into the stack. You love writing tests, care about code quality and enjoy keeping up-to-date on industry best practices. While you can't imagine writing a modern application without the cloud, you have a healthy appreciation for the many ways in which distributed systems may fail. You're always thinking beyond the scope of the current project, and about the larger product vision.
- GCP is our platform for all custom application development and services.
- Services are dockerized and scheduled by Kubernetes.
- gRPC is our common service language. GraphQL is provided for clients.
- Current languages of choice are Golang (new services) and Kotlin (legacy).
- Managed Postgres with Cloud SQL.
- BigQuery is our data warehouse.
- Datadog handles our metrics, Sentry logs exceptions.
- Drone is our self-hosted CI/CD service.
- Programming new API features to support consumer-facing products.
- Develop against and evolve third-party integrations and systems synchronization.
- Help implement our new applications and infrastructure leveraging: Google Cloud, gRPC, Kubernetes, Envoy.
- Ensuring high code-quality and high availability of our core services infrastructure.
- Technical leadership.
- Mentoring other engineers.
- Maintain HIPAA compliant logging and security.
- Explore promising new technologies to differentiate our care and products.
- At least 6 years work experience as a backend software engineer.
- Experienced with typed languages such as Scala, Kotlin, Rust, Golang, Java.
- Strong knowledge of Google Cloud / AWS / cloud-centric architecture and design patterns.
- Experience developing APIs in modern applications e.g. gRPC, GraphQL.
- Containerization experience, knowledge of CI tooling, testing frameworks and other code quality tools are crucial.
- Worked with modern SQL databases, particularly Postgres.
- Experienced with comprehensive testing.
- Competitive salary.
- Equity stake.
- Generously subsidized medical, vision and dental insurance.
- Joining a diverse, friendly product team.
- 4 weeks paid vacation time.
- Free Parsley Health membership!
At Parsley Health we believe in celebrating everything that makes us human and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We embrace diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we are able to serve our members.
How to apply
Please send your resume to Duri @ email@example.com
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please let us know so that we can keep the jobs all about Go.