As a Senior Go Engineer, you will be responsible for writing and maintaining code on the Textile Go libraries, including Threads, Buckets, Hub, and Powergate. This role is for someone with solid coding experience and the ability to lead new features. As part of that leadership, you will help craft and optimize our product roadmap by contributing your research and expertise. You will have many opportunities to contribute to the open-source ecosystem, including the IPFS and Filecoin stacks. We recommend any candidate review our GitHub org to learn more about what technology we build. This is a remote-only position.
Textile is a lab dedicated to building and exploring new technology to help decentralize consumer applications. We believe that the world’s most valuable future technology will be built on a new model where individuals have complete agency over the data they create. Our mission is to make that future happen faster.
Textile is known for building simple yet powerful developer tools that extend three families of protocols: Libp2p, IPFS, and Filecoin. You can learn more about our tools by reviewing our documentation and checking out some of our GitHub organization. We are a fully open source company with a strong focus on community.
We are a small, fully remote team aligned in our vision to change the relationship between technology and data.
Are you passionate about technology and want to have a significant impact on its future? Our community, vision, and product make for an exciting place where self-directed, collaborative, good people will thrive.
- Become a deep technical expert across Libp2p, IPFS, Filecoin, and Textile.
- Research, contribute to the product vision and help define the roadmap of multiple products.
- Build and maintain features on the Textile Hub. Implement new APIs. Optimize existing APIs.
- Build new services and systems to integrate with various blockchain networks.
- Build new features to integrate with the Filecoin network.
- Build and help maintain Powergate, go-threads, and go-buckets.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years of production-level Golang experience.
- Additional experience in Typescript, Rust, or Solidity
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- High levels of intellectual curiosity, professionalism, and self-motivation.
- A track-record of being a self-starter with interest in influencing and making critical product decisions.
- Open-source project experience. GitHub/GitLab links greatly appreciated.
- Familiarity with Filecoin or related technologies.
- Attention to detail and a passion for software design.
- A location in a timezone between GMT -3 to GMT -7 (South or North America)
- Contribute to technology at the forefront of the web.
- Work with a company on a mission to have a positive impact.
- Work on a fully remote team.
- Work on a small, passionate team.
- An entrepreneurial opportunity where you can have oversized impacts.
- Opportunity to drive innovation and strategy.
- Your work will be open source.
In your application, please indicate your current timezone.
Textile is a fully remote company spanning GMT -3 to GMT -7 (North America & South America). While being small, we've found that it is helpful to have a high level of overlap as a team.
Learn more about us at https://textile.io, https://docs.textile.io, https://twitter.com/textileio, or https://github.com/textileio
How to apply
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.