Keakie is a new streaming platform hosting DJ mixes and radio from creators all over the world. Keakie is a project that seeks to revolutionise music discovery, changing how our users find new music and revealing entire new worlds of music they didn’t even know existed.
What we're looking for
Keakie is looking for an experienced Senior Backend Engineer to join the Platform Team, the integral team responsible for managing the API and delivering a set of innovative and first-of-their-kind features. This is a great opportunity to join us to create ground-breaking technology for our range of artistic and creative clients.
What you’ll do
- Participate in system design discussions and decisions
- Write clean, modular and testable robust code in satisfying system requirements
- Take full ownership of assigned product feature
- Work to support SLA, SLO and SLIs
What you’ll need
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/ Mathematics or related technical field.
- Proficiency in Golang. 3-4 years+
- Expertise and focus building performant systems in constrained(time/resource) environments.
- Strong knowledge of parallel and concurrent programming paradigms
- Experience taking full ownership of APIs and Microservices.
- Experience building real-time advertising-bidding systems or financial/trading trading systems.
- Familiarity with Ad systems, including bidding, ranking and auctioning processes.
- Agile software development experience.
- Experience building event-driven backend services for large-scale consumer facing applications.
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures, and their time and space performance characteristics.
- Track record working with database systems (Cassandra, MySQL, Redis, Aerospike, Druid or similar).
- Experience debugging and supporting applications in a cloud environment.
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable in collaborative environments.
- Experience in provision and reception of work unit related feedback
Start early Feb.
Salary £65,000 - £80,000 depending on experience
How to apply
Send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Set the email subject as Senior Go Engineer application: 'Your name'
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.