Interested in building disruptive healthcare technologies? Interested in working on products that quite literally change peoples lives? Can you picture yourself working in a key engineering role for a well funded early stage start-up?
KangarooHealth is looking for a highly motivated and startup minded Senior GO Engineer to join our tight-knit team to build the next unicorn in healthcare. In this role, you will be working directly with the CTO as a core team member.
The position is primarily a remote position with a requirement to travel to our headquarter periodically for team meetings. Travel is provided.
Local applicants are also welcome.
The perfect candidate is a self-starter with a bias for action and is responsible for the quality of their work. You’re comfortable contributing to the design & development of our products. You’re a developer who is passionate about technologies, working with an innovative team of engineers in a fast-paced and technically driven environment. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams for feature development and be responsible for end to end delivery of features.
As a senior backend engineer at KangarooHealth, you will:
- Work closely with designers, product managers, and other engineers to build features and improvements to our back-end systems.
- Build and manage APIs
- Build and maintain databases
- Maintain security, performance and scalability
- Solve challenges in: architecture, fraud and security, optimization, payments and beyond
- Write tests, perform QA and review code and review other engineer’s work
- Manage CI and CD processes.
- Keep up with the latest development trends in server-side, cloud based technologies
As a senior back-end engineer at KangarooHealth, you should have the following Experience:
- 4+ years development experience
- 2+ years of GO experience in production
- 2+ years of Python experience
- 1+ years of Node experience
- 2+ years of AWS experience
- Experience with Docker
- Familiarity with Microservice Architecture
- Familiarity with Multi-Tenant Architecture
- You’ve built, maintained, or architected one or more production web applications
- Has a strong sense for API design, database design, naming, and simplifying complex services
- Is familiar with dev ops concerns such as deployment, migrations, configuration, and provisioning
- Can self-start and is able to problem-solve given loosely-defined business needs
- Experience in a test driven environment
Additional Bonus Skills:
- eCommerce experience is a plus
- Biotech or Medical Experience is a plus
- Neo4j, PostgreSql, Redis, Mongo experience
- AWS EC2, ECS, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, Lambda
- Nats Messaging
- DevOps at scale
- Performance Testing and Benchmarking
- Cyber Security, HIPAA Compliance, PII standards
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Data science and analytics
- Computer vision and image processing
- Natural language processing
Message from our CTO:
As an engineer, there are few times in your career that you have the opportunity to join a team as an early core team member, define your own job, own your codebase, work directly with experienced engineers and solve big problems. This is one of those opportunities. Are you up for it?
How to apply
https://angel.co/company/kangaroohealth/jobs/606829-senior-back-end-go-golang-engineer Please apply via the link above