We are looking for a Senior Go Software Engineer, with prior hands-on experience in creating backend software. Job involves creating client/server software, using often proprietary, binary communication protocols. Good understanding of advanced networking concepts is required and prior experience with creating proxy software.
- Several years of experience programming in Go language.
- Hands-on experience developing client/server software using custom communication protocols.
- Good understanding of how TOR network works, how the deanonymization attacks against it work and ability to recreate similar software from scratch on your own.
- Good understand on how proxy software works and how adversaries may be able to detect its traffic to introduce censorship. Experience working with Great Chinese Firewall is welcome.
- Good understanding of networking concepts, protocols and how network communication works even on low-level - TCP, UDP, HTTP, TLS, SOCKS5, VPN etc.
- Knowledge of effective methods to bypass internet censorship.
- Own networking tools published on Github or forks of existing ones with personal modifications.
- Analytical thinking with ability to foresee unexpected issues before they happen, handling packet loss, throttling, countering possible DDoS attacks.
What we offer:
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly, and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- Responsible and challenging activity
- International and dynamic work environment
- Broad, varied task area in which everyone is compelled to make things look beautiful and work flawlessly
- Extensive range of further education and training
Please note that this is not a remote job, we need someone withing a commutable distance of Vienna, or willing to relocate.
How to apply
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.