Why work for us?
Are you a forward-thinking individual who wants to work at the cutting-edge of technology? Do you want to join a winning organization that is pioneering digital transformation around the globe? This is your opportunity to join the Flybits team today!
Named by LinkedIn Top Startups and Canadian Innovation Exchange Top 10 as one of the hottest high-growth global companies to work for in the country, Flybits enables our customers in financial services to provide hyper-personalized experiences through the power of data science and context-aware computing. Some of our recent accomplishments include:
· Canada’s Top 50 Fintech Companies by Digital Finance Institute
· 2019 Technology Fast 50™ award winner by Deloitte Canada
· LinkedIn Top 15 Startup
· Canadian Innovation Exchange Top 10
What is the opportunity?
Reporting to the VP of Engineering, you will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of product components including development, testing, deployment and monitoring for different areas of our platform. Working in a collaborative, squad-based structure with other engineering and product teams, specific projects you could be responsible for include the provisioning of personalization services to end-customers, or creating integration frameworks for third party data sources. The Flybits platform is developed on a scalable microservice based architecture. You will be a key contributor to design, architecture, and technology related decisions, and always strive for best practices in every aspect of your work.
You will have the opportunity to work on large and technically complex projects with your exceptional problem-solving skills, while also providing guidance and mentorship to more junior members of the team. You are comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces, and enjoy learning new technologies and systems. Collaboration, time management and communication skills are as important as your technical skills.
What will you do?
- Provide technical leadership in design, architecture and technology decisions, in addition to mentoring, reviewing code, and overseeing the work of more junior engineers
- Design and work on highly scalable microservices in Go that act as the foundation of our platform
- Deploy, test, monitor and improve microservices in a Kubernetes cluster enable a culture of continuous deployment
- Identify performance issues and find solutions to optimize and modernize them
- Develop utilities that help with further automating our build, testing, deployment and monitoring process
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering in a technical engineering discipline
- 5+ years of experience as a full-time developer in an agile software development setting
- Experience working with a Microservices architecture (developing, monitoring, debugging)
- Experience with message passing systems such as RabbitMQ
- Experience with Cloud services such as AWS, Google Cloud or Azure
- Knowledgeable in using and developing with Docker containers, including orchestrating them (preferably using K8s)
- Proven track record in developing server applications and RESTful services
- Proven track record of collaborative development with git
- Knowledgeable about both SQL and NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Expert knowledge of Go language
- Experience with GitHub
- Experience with gRPC services
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with running and monitoring Kubernetes clusters
- Familiarity with Kubernetes ecosystem
- Knowledgeable in using Postgres and MongoDB
- Track record of open source contributions and cloud-native computing foundation projects
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers
- A rewarding career path with diverse and global opportunities for professional development
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
- Internal training to support your growth and enhance your skills: generous learning and development budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes and other events
- Flexible remote working options
- Generous vacation policy
- Access to employer bonus programs
- Your choice between Mac and PC to customize your work station
How to apply
Check out our careers page here - https://jobs.lever.co/flybits/29b13fcb-ed47-4d96-8b86-548882319b80
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.