Zumata is a data company that leverages artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities to provide other companies a set of tools that maximize sales from hotel bookings.
Do you like the challenge of mastering something new? Does creating clever and robust solutions alongside a kick-ass team sound like something you’d like to try? We have one of the most advanced Kubernetes, Ansible, Tensorflow, Go (our primary language), Python and node setups you’re likely to ever work on, and where we’re going will be up to you and your teammates.
We’re tackling problems in scale, APIs and AI that push the envelope of technology in travel and conversational commerce, and we count some of the world’s leading travel players as our clients (Expedia, Amadeus, etc.).
Zumata is looking for a seasoned engineer to join a stellar team. We’re looking for someone who has an interest in system architecture, but a passion for getting things done. You’re smart enough to work at top companies, but you’re picky about finding the right role (this is more than just a job, right?). You’re experienced, but you also like to learn new things. And you want to work with smart people and have fun building something great.
- Build robust and scalable software in Golang, Python, and/or Node
- Design and create services and system architecture for your projects, and contribute and provide feedback to other team members
- Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
- 3+ years of recent hands-on coding and software design
- Strong working knowledge of any programming language
- Ability to write clean code that is testable, scalable and extensible
- Good grasp on common data structures and design patterns
- Bachelor’s, Master’s in a related field, or an intriguing reason for not having one
- A can-do attitude and a willingness to learn new technologies and other programming languages
Extra points if you have:
- Experience in delivering code / features for a high-scaling production environment
- Good knowledge of any of the following : NodeJS, Python, Golang
- Experience with databases and data stores : Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Good understanding of web services including communication (HTTP, RPC), containerisation (Docker) and deployment using container orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Familiar working with Linux systems and Cloud environments (AWS, GCloud)
How to apply
If you fill your LinkedIn or Github details, don't worry about the other fields (just put something in them). Apply here: https://www.zumata.com/career-form/