We’re proud (and excited!) to be transforming the global communications landscape through our Omnichannel Platform-as-a-Service (OPaaS). Our cloud communications solutions make it possible for over 25,000 businesses to instantly connect with billions of devices worldwide, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, we operate across 10 international hubs and we’re proud to be a “Work Anywhere” company. Our unique and united culture is rooted in our team: a diverse flock of over 700 Birds who represent 55 nationalities and counting. We’re smart, fast, and hungry, and our potential for growth is limitless.
How we work
We work fast, grow fast, and build fast. Life at MessageBird moves in fast-forward motion. We’re a team that focuses on making an impact — right from day one. We are go-getters, industry leaders, and dreamers. Risk takers. Roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people. We thrive on transparency, and we value solution-minded attitudes.
We love shaping things together and leveraging different perspectives, because that makes our products better. Our Birds are empowered with freedom and opportunity; in return, we expect honesty, courage, and agility. We own our work, and sometimes we fail. And then we get back up and cross the finish line — together as a team. Sound refreshing? We think so, to
The role: Senior Infrastructure Engineer
You will be a key part of the Engineering team, working closely with the wider team to design and implement highly available and scalable solutions, whilst also ensuring sufficient monitoring and alerting solutions are implemented and maintained.
We are looking for Senior Infrastructure Engineers who have knowledge or experience in cloud deployments, containers, configuration management and/or infrastructure automation. You love to build and operate infrastructure solutions that drive crucial functionality. You're passionate, collaborative and self-motivated. And enjoy solving challenges and working on complex problems.
What you’ll do
- Build resilient, scalable and secure cloud infrastructures such as Kubernetes, connectivity services, and monitoring systems
- Work together with the development teams to set up and build infrastructure that allows release & deployments to take place without any hassle
- Build tools to increase the flexibility and scalability of the platform
- Ensure appropriate availability, reliability and scalability of applications and services
- Responsible for improving the reliability and resilience of our infrastructure through root-cause analysis and reviewing gaps in designs and implementations of our infrastructure
- Optimize workflows through automation
- Keep our production infrastructure up-to-date, secure and running
- Advise on containerized servers with Kubernetes and Docker
- Participate in the incident management process
- Engaging in knowledge transfer across the engineering team
- Advise on engineering standards, procedures, methods, tools and techniques
Manage more junior engineers
What You'll Bring
- Extensive Linux experience
- Prior experience of designing, deploying, and scaling production infrastructure for consumer and enterprise facing products
- Basic programming skills with professional experience coding in Go
- Basic understanding of networking
- Transforming existing applications to cloud native oriented applications
- Experience with running & deploying applications on Kubernetes is a bonus
- Knowledge of cloud performance (Google and AWS) is a bonus
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure principles (load balancing, high availability, server-based and serverless architecture, database configurations)
- Previous experience of working with popular monitoring systems like Prometheus would be beneficial
Psst… some added perks
- The ability to Work Anywhere — literally anywhere you want, as long as it’s in the same time zone as your team (yup… you read that right!). This comes with the added benefit of finding the right work-life balance for you by following our 80/20 rule.
- WFH office set-up allowance.
- Top-notch work equipment (including Bose headphones!).
- MessageBird swag to keep you well-dressed.
- The occasional (virtual) company-wide and team events.
- A team of (fast-)forward-thinking, talented and fun colleagues from more than 50 countries!
How to apply
Apply directly through our careers page: https://grnh.se/b1bd98972us
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.