Improbable is dedicated to building powerful technology designed to help solve previously impossible problems and enable the creation of new realities. In gaming and entertainment, Improbable unlocks truly next-generation gameplay through virtual worlds of unprecedented scale, persistence and richness. In other industries, we hope to help answer critical questions through simulations that could lead to a better functioning world.
Our platform, SpatialOS, lets developers transcend the limits of regular computation, allowing swarms of servers running in the cloud to cooperate in order to simulate worlds far larger and more complex than any single server could.
We are a British technology company proudly building a diverse workforce, driven by a shared desire to improve and achieve extraordinary things. We’re crafting technology for the future and fostering a problem-solving culture that embraces innovation through iteration and experimentation.
You will be responsible for designing, building and leading the software and systems which underpin our large-scale, real-time, distributed simulations for Enterprise customers. Overall this team is responsible for providing a production environment where customer simulations can run reliably and at scale. Your primary working language will be Golang.
Amongst other duties you will be;
- Leading the development of flexible services & tooling so that SpatialOS can rapidly scale across multiple cloud providers
- Creating a set of services specific to our customers allowing SpatialOS to run in highly secure, air-gapped private clouds across the world
- Leveraging cutting-edge products including Kubernetes, Prometheus, the CoreOS stack, Docker and more.
- Working collaboratively with Product managers to deliver key security, scalability and reliability features
- Growing a motivated, high-performing team in our London HQ
You will work with smart, motivated and curious people, driven by solving globally significant problems across the private and public sector; the kind of problems that keep senior leaders awake at night.
You can read about the engineering culture of the division here.
- Comfortable with multiple programming languages (especially Go but also Java, C++ etc)
- Experience in designing, building and running large-scale distributed systems
- Good knowledge of internet networking and performance
- Passionate about troubleshooting, debugging, and automation
- Strong Linux knowledge
- Strong knowledge of deploying and running services on IaaS providers (preferably AWS or GCP).
- Knowledge of best practices and tooling (e.g. Terraform)
- Experience with clustering and containerization technologies e.g. Kubernetes, Docker etc.
- Experience building high-traffic, robust APIs
- Active on open source projects (bug reports, bug fixes, own projects)
The following would be advantageous: