We are looking for an experienced (Senior) Software Development Engineer to join our team in Berlin. You will work among exceptional talents on ambitious AI projects, delivering state of the art solutions. We encourage you to bring diverse perspectives and innovative ideas.
Who we are:
At SO1, we are building AdTech solutions to hyper-personalize retail experiences at scale.
Our AI core deeply understands every individual customer's shopping behavior and improves their experience just from recent shopping data. We are already implemented by several major FMCG retailers across Europe and the US and we are continuously scaling up.
With exceptional expertise across the whole team and several PhDs in Machine Learning and AI, we believe we have what it takes to disrupt global retail experiences. Join our vision of marketing that is relevant and impactful!
What you’ll do:
- Be at the heart of our high-performance machine learning microservices architecture as a backend developer
- Create microservices written in Go/Python deployed in Docker containers that communicate via gRPC while being orchestrated by Kubernetes
- Collaborate with our machine learning and data science teams and have the opportunity to learn and apply machine learning and data science concepts
What you’ll bring along:
- Familiarity with Docker and production experience in Kubernetes
- Experience with Go and Python
- Excellent core computer science and algorithms knowledge
- Getting things done attitude, goal orientation
Great if you also have:
- Experience with high throughput, 24/7 availability systems
- Understanding of distributed systems, microservice architecture, concurrent programming
- Know-how with Git, CI, and TDD
- Experience with Azure
- NoSQL and columnar data stores knowledge (preferably Cassandra or Redis)
Our offer to you:
We offer our employees unique learning opportunities and the chance to take on important projects from day one together with:
- A revolutionary platform that meets a strong customer need,
- A highly energetic environment and smart colleagues who will help you accelerate your professional growth,
- Freedom to shape your role and significantly impact the company’s direction and future,
- Above market salary and vacation days,
- Lunch allowance through LunchIt app,
- A job in one of the hottest cities in the world and amenities like free drinks & snacks and team events
Your new team:
We are a diverse team of engineers and business professionals. All united to achieve something great and change the price-promotion game for good. We operate in small teams, with flat hierarchies. We love cooking together in the kitchen, running, and exploring new restaurants for lunch. At SO1, we pride ourselves on our diverse workforce and inclusive community feel. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from candidates regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability or background.
How to apply
Send your C.V. as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please let us know so that we can keep the jobs all about Go.