Senior Software Engineer - Backend
Promoboxx is the only retail marketing platform, powered by brands. With Promoboxx, national manufacturing brands connect, manage, and market through their entire retail channel to engage consumers, extend brand reach, and increase local sales. We are proud to partner with leading brands -- including Chevrolet, Trek Bicycles, New Balance, and The North Face -- and with over 3 million retailer campaigns launched, we are transforming the way retailers and brands market together at the local level. Promoboxx is rapidly expanding, and we are looking for the next great engineer to join our team!
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will lead efforts across building, scaling and evolving our constantly growing product and infrastructure. You will work closely with our business partners to deliver new features as a part of an autonomous cross-functional squad that has been staffed with a Product Manager, Frontend and Backend Developers, QA, and Design.
You will embrace our DevOps team culture and champion owning your code across environments in our AWS cloud platform. Using an agile methodology, you will develop features alongside the frontend members of the team to ensure end-to-end performance for our users. As a teammate, you will seek ways to improve the team’s delivery and quality on a daily basis.
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop and deploy backend services with a focus on high availability, low latency, and scalability
- Build and operate infrastructure, toolset, and deployment pipelines
- Collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
Who you are:
- You are a professional software engineer with 5+ years of experience building distributed and scalable systems
- You are experienced with one or more of these languages and environments: Ruby, Go, Java, Python, SQL
- You make sure that your pull requests include unit and functional testing
- You have a mastery of REST conventions
- You ensure your team writes performant SQL and Stored Procedures
- You know and care about continuous delivery and automated testing
- You have can mentor others in the use of data structures and algorithms, and can apply them to design pragmatic solutions
- You enjoy working in Unix environments and operating systems principles: storage layout, concurrency, multiprocessing/multithreading, parallelism
- You understand standard network protocols DNS, HTTP/S, TCP/IP and the principles of virtual hosting
Bonus Points For:
- You have experience working in AWS and are familiar with tools like Docker and Terraform
- You understand machine and database sizing (CPU, RAM, Storage, Network, etc.)
- Experience with Facebook Marketing and Graph API
What Promoboxx Can Offer You:
- Competitive salary, health benefits, stock options, and a 401K match program
- Flexible PTO for vacation, as well as sick days when you need them most
- Employee rewards program and other professional development opportunities
- An open, collaborative work environment with an amazing team and experienced leadership to help you succeed and grow
- Cold brew coffee, soda, and snacks to help fuel your day
Promoboxx is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.