Senior Back End Software Developer (Go)
AcreTrader is looking for a senior back end software developer based in Northwest Arkansas who will work on the growing software development team which supports our AcreTrader platform. They will have the opportunity to work on both current and new features that are deployed to our external users. Initially, the back end developer will spend time getting familiar with AcreTrader standards and code base. The ideal candidate will be comfortable ramping up quickly so that they can create and maintain services and data solutions which deliver value to tens of thousands of our platform users. This person will be responsible for creating clean, scalable, standards-compliant, reusable, and quality code. In addition, they will contribute to the rest of our software development teams continuous growth and learning. Hiring the right person for this role is important to our team because they will be a part of the production and continuous improvement of our products.
- Participate in the overall application lifecycle
- Collaborate with front end developers
- Provide documentation and training which supports other team members
- Troubleshoot and debug
- Learn about new technologies which may be scalable to our dev ops. organization as a whole
- Create and maintain compliant back end services
- Create, integrate, and manage databases which support key product features
- Help define and communicate technical and design requirements
- 4+ years of professional experience as a software engineer
- 2+ years experience working in Go. Including the following:
- Commercial experience
- goroutines etc.
- Go's frameworks such as gin or echo.
- 4+ years of experience in database management:
- In-depth understanding of database tools; specifically PostgresSQL
- Experience creating database schemas which meet business requirements
- 4+ years of experience using code versioning tools like Git
- In-depth understanding of API specifications; specifically RESTFUL APIs
- In-depth understanding of the fundamental design principles behind scalable applications
- Open to learning and sharing knowledge
- Able to write clean, scalable, standards-compliant, reusable, quality code
Additional Preferred Requirements:
- Experience with Django
- Experience working in Swagger
- Experience with GCP services like CloudSQL, Kubernetes
- Experience integrating applications with payment providers like Stripe, Dwolla, etc.
How to apply
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.