Software Engineer, Consul
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular! Specifics of your past experiences that are relevant to this role are great to include, too.
The Consul team helps organizations with service discovery, configuration management, and service connectivity. To do so, we develop and maintain the Consul tool, along with supporting libraries like Raft, Memberlist, Memdb, and Yamux. The customers and large community of users of our tools are operators, infrastructure engineers, and software developers that encounter novel performance, scaling, and usability challenges that we help them solve.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Program mostly in Go, learning from and contributing to a team committed to continually improving their skills
- Work on next-generation distributed systems for infrastructure management
- Develop novel algorithms within the context of our open source tools
- Build and architect systems for managing extremely large-scale global fleets of resources
- Interface directly with internal teams, users and HashiCorp customers, as well as the large Consul community
- Own the full lifecycle of feature development from design through testing and release
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You’re familiar with service-oriented architectures, and ideally have seen them in operation at a global scale
- You have strong experience with Go
- You’re comfortable with low-level programming
- You have prior experience working in high performance or distributed systems; while we strive to hire at a variety of experience levels, this particular opening is not well-suited for recent graduates
- You’re able to knowledgeably discuss performance, security, and user interactions in complex systems
At HashiCorp, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, please apply anyway!
How to apply
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please let us know so that we can keep the jobs all about Go.