At Housing Anywhere, we aim to provide the best match for anyone looking for student accommodation. We are a peer-to-peer marketplace, meaning that you will be building an application to satisfy both sides of the student accommodation market. Housing Anywhere is active in 50+ countries and 250+ cities. We have partnered with 127+ universities worldwide.
Currently, the platform is built mainly using Go (Golang) backed by a PostgreSQL database. The server components are hosted on a Google Cloud architecture that allows easy scaling. Other technologies and tools that we use are ReactJS, Redux, GraphQL, SASS, Webpack.
We're growing our Product Development team to 31 people (product Lead, product owners, front-end engineers, back-end engineers, QA engineers and UX/UI designers). To scale up our team, we are looking for talented engineers who have proven work experience in solving complex problems in the related domain. Knowledge of Go is required.
Do you have extensive experience with Golang? Please get in touch, because we have senior positions open.
Sounds challenging? Be part of building Housing Anywhere!
Characteristics we are looking for in Back-end Developer:
- Proactive and open mindset
- Structured and well-organised
- Team player
- Ability to find a clean and simple solution that could be easily adapted for changed requirements in time
- Interest in new technologies
- Experience with Go in production-grade environments
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL)
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal (part of our team is remote, so communication is the key)
- Basic understanding of what a good burger tastes like
- An educational background in the field of Computer Science or similar is a bonus, although actual experience is always prefered.
- You will work in an international start-up company, with a young, dynamic team of 35 full time people and 12 different nationalities.
- High responsibility; changes to the website are visible to a global audience.
- Full-time position (40 hours a week).
- Starting: ASAP.
- Probationary period: 1 month (remotely if you are located outside of the Netherlands).
- Period: we would like to start with a period of 7 months.
- You will work from our office in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- Salary that represents your experience.
- Relocation package: we will pay for your VISA if you join us from abroad. In that case we will also reimburse 100% of your personal flight ticket, and 50% of the flight ticket(s) of potential family members that join. Finally, we can help you in finding suitable housing, there is a private housing agency that can help you out.
- For questions, email Djordy on firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be in touch with you within a few days.
- To apply, you can click the button below.
How to apply
Please apply directly online through the following link: https://housinganywhere.workable.com/j/E0D9854353