What this position is all about:
- Designing and developing our agent for Blockchain telemetry as well as all related backend services in Golang.
- Working under a Scrum or Kanban framework and releasing product increments on a continuous basis.
- Owning your work. This means writing unit and integration tests, ensuring proper containerization, observability/instrumentation and documentation for your code.
- Being a fantastic team player. We are a remote-first company, so you will need to be an excellent team player and a great communicator, but also capable of working autonomously without much oversight.
- Understanding, participating and contributing to the company goals, regardless of your role. Metrika is a small company with a very inclusive culture. We are looking for people that share those values with us.
Please note: Our Engineering team is predominantly based in Europe. This position is currently open to residents of the European Economic Area (EU, Switzerland, Norway, Liechtenstein), the UK as well the eastern United States/Canada (UTC-4/UTC-5 timezone)
Metrika Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
You will need:
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science. Masters or higher degrees preferred.
- At least 4 years of experience in building testable, production-grade software in Golang.
- Excellent understanding of linux networking and internals and the fundamentals of distributed systems. Familiarity with eBPF, linux system monitoring, blockchain APIs is a plus.
- Excellent understanding of TDD, agile development methodology and version control.
- The ability to function autonomously to solve problems, and deliver working software. Our geographic distribution requires people that can work well on their own.
- The ability to communicate well with your team, both interactively and asynchronously, and that of being a positive, constructive team member.
You'll probably be a great fit if you have:
- Experience with blockchain systems.
- Expert knowledge of Golang.
- Expert knowledge of linux networking and system internals.
- Expert knowledge of distributed systems concepts and fundamentals.
- Experience with modern DevOps practices and Continuous Integration/Delivery.
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.