With its business applications, IONOS is one of the leading hosting and cloud applications providers in Europe. With our state-of-the-art technologies, we convince more than 8 million customers in many different countries every day.
The IONOS Database as a Service team is seeking a highly motivated and experienced software engineer.
The DBaaS team focuses on developing and maintaining database services for customers, whether it’s relational databases like Postgres, document-based, key-value stores, time series databases or other NoSQL offerings. For our customers, the database is often the reliable center of their architecture, providing data persistence, consistency and structure - the solid rock on which to build their applications.
Our teams are responsible for the entire lifecycle of the service: we build it, we ship it, we run it. We are looking for someone to join our team and work with us on providing the best product possible.
- Programming in Go and other languages.
- Collaborating with an agile and self-motivated team of peers.
- Solving interesting problems in a dynamic cloud environment.
- Supporting the operations and management of distributed systems.
- Continuously improving our build, test and deployment automation.
- Continuously improving the quality and resilience of our services.
- Experience developing, testing and deploying well-engineered code, preferably in Go.
- Constructive contributions to design and architecture discussions.
- Experience in working with cloud environments.
- Experience with Kubernetes container orchestration and helm charts.
- Experience building Kubernetes operators, controllers and CRDs.
- Experience operating and troubleshooting production environments.
- Experience with at least two database types such as relational, timeseries, key-value, full-text search, persistent message queues or document-based databases.
- Familiarity with the concepts and use-cases of the remaining types of databases.
- Experience with the Linux operating system.
- Experience with network fundamentals.
How to apply
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.