You will play an essential role as part of a product engineering team, who will develop healthcare web applications with machine learning components. The ability to learn extremely fast and rapidly build skills in cutting-edge technologies is essential. You will need to bring a depth of experience in full stack development and web technologies, be open about your strengths and weaknesses, and quickly identify how to move you and your team to the next step. A broad understanding of the latest data science technologies is a plus but not a requirement.
You will need to understand the full range of tasks involved in constructing effective and beautiful user-facing applications, from the underlying processing to the end-user experience. You will need to be highly collaborative, innovative and flexible. You must be excellent at communication, writing high quality code and taking initiative.
Our ideal candidate: Experience
- You will have a strong background in commercial software development. You will have worked on multiple web applications, both back-end and front-end, with modern languages and frameworks.
- You have experience working with Agile methodology such as Scrum or Kanban and familiarity with software development practices such as Continuous Integration, Behaviour-Driven Development and DevOps. You will have strong opinions on how to design high-quality, maintainable code for the long-term.
- You will have had some commercial experience of data exploration, cleansing, and the processing of messy data and experience working with very large datasets in SQL databases.
- You will have a degree in a quantitative discipline (computer science, mathematics, physics, artificial intelligence or similar).
- Additionally, knowledge of the latest developments in machine learning and some experience of engineering with the relevant technologies on commercial or large academic projects is welcome.
Our ideal candidate: Tech Skills
- Must have experience working with REST architectures and API design.
- Experience (at least one project) working with a variety of data storage and processing technologies such as SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Redis, MongoDB, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Cassandra.
- Bonus points for a demonstrable interest (e.g. public GitHub repo, or online course completion) in at least one of the following machine learning libraries (or equivalents): TensorFlow, scikit-learn, Spark MLLib or CRAN packages for machine learning.
Bonus points for working with cloud technologies such as AWS, GCP, Azure and also container systems like Docker and Kubernetes
How to apply
Send resumes to email@example.com