As a Software Engineer, you will be joining one of our engineering teams (i.e. Payments, Search, Bookings&Listings, Platform Infrastructure etc.) inside the Product Development division. As we have reached the scaleup phase at HousingAnywhere, our rapid growth has brought on new challenges. We are building new exciting features to improve our platform, and, at the same time, we are focused on the quality and scalability of our development infrastructure.
You have the opportunity to bring impact by working closely with our Tech Leads and Product Owners to solve interesting technical challenges. As a senior member of our team, you will be expected to embrace and contribute to our technical vision and practices, and help and mentor your colleagues to follow them. You will be an ambassador of our culture and a role model for our more junior software engineers.
Our services are mostly built with Go, and data persisted in the PostgreSQL database(s). GCP is our Cloud Provider of choice, and our services run inside Docker containers in several Kubernetes clusters. We use gRPC for internal communication, though we prefer async events on NSQ. Our Frontend stack is built on React/TypeScript. We version our code with Git.
We are evolving HousingAnywhere in a rental platform. We do so by building an event-driven architecture while making heavy use of DDD, DevOps and Agile principles and Contract First Development practices.
Who you are:
- You preferably have 7 years of development experience, focused on building complex distributed systems at scale.
- You have a working knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL)
- You have a working knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- You have a solid understanding of distributed systems and are able to relate the advantages and disadvantages of microservices architecture to the context.
- You are a practitioner of DevOps and Agile principle
- Experience with DDD, Event-Driven architecture and CQRS is a great advantage
- You are a customer-aware person. You empathise with the users of the software you build, and you relate your work to the impact and the value that you can create to them.
- You are a team player. You listen carefully to your colleagues' opinions, and you understand that different opinions are an advantage. You understand how to challenge ideas, disagree and still commit to team decisions.
- You are pragmatic and quality-driven. You understand when to compromise and when not, with an eye to the future, so as to avoid uncontrolled and accidental complexity.
- You are able to design a testing strategy for the software you own and increase the confidence in the correctness of the software.
- You are a practitioner and an advocate of clean and simple solutions. You always have intention, adaptability and scalability in mind and you understand the importance of making your code readable to other developers.
- You know the difference between accidental complexity and essential complexity.
- You are a tech enthusiast! You are interested in new technologies and you continuously seek to improve yourself. You stay up to date with the field, and you share your knowledge openly with your colleagues and the tech community.
What about working at HousingAnywhere?
Glad you asked! Our team of colleagues exists out of many races, religions, countries of origin, sexual orientations, genders and abilities. We welcome everyone.
Over the past couple of months, the majority of our staff has worked from home, wherever that is, and we will continue to do so in the future. You are always welcome in our newly built office in the heart of Rotterdam, the most beautiful city of the Netherlands, where you find modern equipment, meet your colleagues in person, and enjoy a stunning view of the city.
The team culture is very open and we’re all motivated by our vision to help people with housing, anywhere. This is what drives us every day and we invite you to do the same.
At HousingAnywhere we are building the biggest rental platform in the world that powers superior products for the mid-term rental accommodation market world.
At the moment we provide two products: HousingAnywhere MarketPlace and HousingAnywhere Payments, both powered by the HousingAnywhere platform.
HousingAnywhere is active in 50+ countries and 400+ cities. We are partners with 160+ universities worldwide and currently target the international students and young professionals market. We are expanding to other audiences as well. In 2017, we were awarded the 4th most innovative company in the Netherlands and the 1st most innovative company in Rotterdam by the Dutch Chamber of Commerce.In 2018, 2019 and 2020, we have been listed as one of the fastest-growing prop-tech companies in the Netherlands (Deloitte’s Fast 50 ranking) and in Europe (Deloitte’s Fast 500 ranking).
What we offer:
🚀 You have the opportunity to take full ownership of your work and dare to do things differently. Here, all ideas matter.
👩🏻👨🏾👦🏼👽 Work with a creative, diverse and inclusive team! Think 110+ people from 30+ different nationalities.
📚 Budget for Dutch or English classes to help you kick off your stay in the Netherlands, and help you immerse into the Dutch culture.
🤓 10 % of the time on personal development and side projects.
🌇 Work in a spacious, modern and brand new office in heart of Rotterdam, with free coffee and snacks, and a social space with entertainment facilities.
🖥💻 Personal equipment including new MacBook, screens and adjustable tables and chairs.
👕We don’t care about what you wear. You’re welcome to wear a 3-piece tuxedo or even a dragon onesie, we won’t judge you. Maybe a little.
🌍 Work from anywhere is our policy, including flexible working hours.
🧳🐠🗺 Unlimited holiday policy, with a minimum amount mandatory each year.
🍻 Beers & Cheers! Get to know your colleagues over drinks while we celebrate our achievements every Friday.
✈️ Are you coming from abroad? We provide a relocation package.
How to apply
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.