What’s my job title? Senior Software Engineer (Go)
Where in the world? You can work remotely from anywhere in EMEA
Working hours? For this role, you will operate within any EU timezones
What language(s) will I speak? Fluency in English
What You'll Do
- Help design and build a performant, scalable and fault-tolerant communication platform.
- Team with engineers to solve system design and implementation problems (and get a thrill out of every triumph!).
- Work with and enable engineers from other teams who interact with the platform.
- Problem-solve issues based on business/customer need and impact, working with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Teach others: One of the most meaningful tasks of a Senior Engineer is improving the knowledge level of the team members.
- You will flourish working in a hyper-growth environment where the next project is ready to be picked up.
What You'll Bring
- At least 5 years of relevant software development experience
- Strong experience in Go is a must
- Experience dealing with high traffic applications (1M+ requests per day) is a must
- Strong experience working with relational and non-relational data stores (like MySQL, Cassandra & Redis).
- Experience with high-throughput relational database deployments
- Experience with Docker, Containers and Kubernetes.
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of development patterns, software architectures and design patterns (TDD, Event-Driven, SOLID, Hexagonal, DDD).
- Knowledge of (cloud) infrastructure principles (load balancing, high availability, containerized services, database configurations) is a must.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability of teaching others and helping them grow.
What You’ll Gain
- Work from anywhere
- Generous stock options for all Birds
- WFH set-up budget
- State-of-the-art work gear
- Learn from hundreds of the best minds in the business
- Collaborate with diverse colleagues from over 55 countries (and counting)
How to apply
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.