Senior Software Engineer - Go (C#, Java)
The IOTA Foundation is a not-for-profit organization established in 2017 and headquartered in Berlin, Germany. The Foundation’s mission is to drive the development and standardization of new distributed ledger technologies (DLTs) that enable permissionless innovation ecosystems. To realize this potential the IOTA Foundation is actively building a collaborative of developers, start-ups, private enterprises, and government, civil society and academic institutions.
Concretely, we engage in engineering, research and community organizing efforts around the IOTA Tangle – a new generation of DLT specifically designed to be the open and free trust layer for the Internet-of-Things (IoT).
As a Senior Software Engineer - Go, you will be working with the latest technologies to build the next generation node software supporting the IOTA DLT. You will have the opportunity to bring the latest advancements from DLT research to life.
- Develop high-quality software solutions and specifications
- Work effectively across different teams to address problems and collaboratively arrive at solutions
- Perform and thrive in an environment where your work can change rapidly in response to customer feedback and data
- Ensure timely delivery of technical solutions while maintaining a healthy work environment
- Be a part of an autonomous, results-oriented agile team
- Participate in and help transform cutting-edge research into practical software products
- Implement software development best practices in engineering teams
- Coach the team on best practices in software development
- Collaborate with other software projects in the open-source DLT space
- Engage with the IOTA community
- Self-driven individual who takes responsibility for projects from their inception
- Ability, desire, and dedication to pick up new platforms or technologies as well as improve in existing ones
- A strong performance history
- Coding skills in Go. Excellent candidates with C#, Java, or other object-oriented programming languages willing to pick up Go will also be considered
- Experience leading a team of developers
- Experience with front-end development technologies
- Experience with CI/CD
- Ability to understand and implement cryptographic primitives
- Experience designing architectures for portable, embedded systems is a plus
- Proven track record in designing software algorithms and data structures is a plus
- Experience with applying and using formal specification processes to software development a plus
What we offer
- The opportunity to work with the brightest minds in the industry
- The opportunity to make a true difference
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback
- A flexible and agile organization with a flat hierarchy
- Independence and responsibility from day one
The IOTA Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
How to apply
Apply here: https://iota.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=122
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.