TARGET is an international technology and services company focused on delivering digital transformation solutions to data-driven industries. We work with a broad range of clients from policy makers, regulators, service providers and operators, to financial institutions and investors across a variety of industrial sectors. Whilst TARGET’s core business has its origins in the upstream oil and gas sector, our technology solutions are scalable, expandable and portable across other extractive industries.
As a backend engineer at TARGET you'll be working on our new microservice architecture based on Go, Docker, Kubernetes, gRPC, and GraphQL. Tasks include improving the platform, working on a particular product, or porting legacy products written in Java. An example of such a product is the recently launched Cadre, a career management solution that's helping tens of thousands of job seekers find jobs in countries such as Oman and Indonesia.
We adopt a loose SCRUM model, our development methodology being focused on ideas proven to enhance productivity and employee satisfaction. Not only we score highly on Joel's Test (or on the better 2017 version https://myers.io/2017/04/04/the-joel-test-for-2017/), but we use a monorepo with custom built tooling, follow the popular git branching model, have redundant component owners to increase our bus factor, and are continuously modernizing our processes.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
Preferred skills and requirements
Don't worry if you don't match all the criteria, we're always happy to hear from talent.
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Strong communication skills and experience working in a remote environment.
- Familiarity with git, bash, UNIX-like systems.
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices: Docker, Kubernetes, Protocol Buffers, GraphQL, GKE, Prometheus.
- Familiarity with web technologies like HTTP, TLS, REST APIs, GraphQL.
- Experience with SQL, NoSQL, KV stores - e.g. we use CockroachDB, etcd, redis.
- An appreciation for clean design, loose coupling, reliability, and performance.
- Interest in and ability to learn new programming languages and technologies.
How to apply