With its business applications, IONOS is one of the leading hosting and cloud applications providers in Europe. With our state-of-the-art technologies, we convince more than 8 million customers in many different countries every day.
Our team of highly motivated experts against cyber security attacks are looking for more teammates. As a site reliability engineer you will develop and operate together with system administrators and network engineers our defense platforms which protect our hosting products and infrastructure. Besides the classical DDoS Mitigation, we are also responsible for modern web application firewall or zero trust strategies. In a culture which places great value on creative ideas, agile working methods, initiative, and participation you can expect the following tasks:
- Development and adjustment of our defense logic to mitigate DDoS attacks on the network and application layer.
- Optimizing current pipelines for automatic threat detection and mitigation and the reporting of those.
- Support our system administrators to automate operational tasks and rollouts.
- Provide interfaces for integration in our hosting products for other teams.
- Administration and troubleshooting of our high-available and complex infrastructure including participation in an on-call service rotation.
- Support company goals through efficient operating architecture, active lifecycle management and lean processes in an agile DevOps environment.
You have studied computer science or have completed comparable education. You have a keen interest in security topics, good network knowledge, and have the following qualifications:
- Several years of experience in system near development of highly available software artifacts, written in programming or scripting languages: Go, C, Python, PHP, Bash.
- Experience in writing application logic with Lua as a scripting language in combination with nginx would be ideal.
- Practical experience of operating nginx as reverse proxy or web application firewall.
- Infrastructure as code and automation are important parts of your own way of working.
- Additional experience about BGP, flowspec, anycast routing as well as the basic understanding of network protocols on linux systems are not foreign to you.
- Good analytical skills to evaluate DDoS attacks, implement countermeasures, and continuously develop our defense platforms.
- Like us, you are a fan of Open Source, especially Linux.
- The ability to communicate with an international team fluently in English, German is a benefit.
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.