The New York Times is hiring a Site Reliability Engineer to join a small team within NYT Beta, the department responsible for developing NYT Now, Cooking, Crosswords and Real Estate.
The ideal candidate enjoys a mix of software and system engineering, building tools/services, solving production problems, automation, and working with product engineers to design systems and features. The Site Reliability Engineering team helps support and jumpstart new products being built from the ground up, as well as scaling out new features on more mature products.
- Own and improve infrastructure, deployment, monitoring, security, and logging
- Work with product engineers to architect, review and sometimes implement systems and features
- Develop the tools and training needed for product engineers to assume operational responsibility for their own software
- Design and implement cross product platforms and services
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Building and deploying applications from the ground up
- Operating and debugging production systems
- Designing and implementing infrastructure, deployment, monitoring, and logging tools
- Design pragmatic systems with an eye for performance, reliability and security
- Proficiency in Go (Ruby/Rails is a plus)
- Linux environment and fundamentals
- Strong understanding of AWS products and services
- Designing and/or operating web/mobile stacks at scale
Tech we use:
Go, Ruby, Bash, AWS, Terraform, Packer, Consul, Docker, Postgres, MySQL, Redis, Memcached, Varnish, Elasticsearch
The New York Times is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.
How to apply
If interested, send us a resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.