Weaveworks was founded in 2014 and we are the company behind popular Kubernetes tools like Flux, Scope, the official CLI for Amazon EKS called EKSCtl and the flagship enterprise product Weave Kubernetes Platform.
Our mission is to help the world’s leading organizations to adopt Kubernetes and other Cloud Native technologies and working practices. Enterprises use our products and services to build better software and operate it reliably, at scale. Our approach brings together container-based application deployment, Kubernetes, and operations tooling in a model we call GitOps.
The role: remote software engineer in US timezones
We want to bring an energetic, empathetic and collaborative engineer into our team that enjoys having an impact on product and a focus on delivery.
This needs someone who is happy working as part of an agile team and who wants to contribute to the full software development lifecycle. From initial product feature idea through to backlog refinement, testing, customer feedback, and on-going support.
You will be helping to develop and maintain products and tools which make using cloud-managed and on-premise Kubernetes installations easy.
What you’ll be doing:
- Hands-on development work in Go
- Being in a team that:
- Communicates proactively and has a team-first mindset
- Contributes to an inclusive and collaborative environment
- Builds and maintains services and components that power our core product
- Likes to think about our end-users and cares about their experience. Is comfortable collaborating with others; UX, design, QA, Customer Success.
- Is delivery-focussed and gets software shipped to our customers
- Continuously building domain expertise and an appetite for learning
- Improving performance and business scalability challenges as we grow our customer base
- Comfortable being on a support rota; it’s reasonable and fairly spread across people.
- Collaborating with the product manager to:
- clarify and refine issues/requests/features
- contribute to sprint planning and sharing ideas
- Participating in wider Weaveworks engineering culture (lunch and learns/sprint reviews)
We’re looking for you if you:
- are comfortable being in a fully remote and distributed multifunctional agile team
- have Kubernetes experience, on premise or self managed as part of the public cloud providers
- have significant Go coding experience preferably within a commercial or product focus
- have a team-first mindset and demonstrate curiosity
- like working in an agile environment and getting things done iteratively to make things better for our users
- enjoy communicating, collaborating, and helping each other out :)
- bring experience in building highly-concurrent, distributed, and highly-scalable systems
- are familiar with or have experience with one or more public cloud providers (Google Cloud, AWS, Azure).
We really want to hear from you if you:
- think this sounds cool and are unsure if you should apply, especially typically underrepresented folks, please apply anyway or you can also reach out to Mazz our senior engineering manager and she’ll do her best to msg you back.
- are excited by developer tooling
- want to contribute to making a corner of the tech industry be a more inclusive and welcoming place
How to apply
Apply here with a cover letter and CV https://apply.workable.com/weaveworks/j/76C71FB9DF/
Does this job really require Go skills? If not, please report it and we will take a look.