Subsec is just a brand new company that has just been granted seed funding. We are building a brand new platform which will allow other businesses to easily perform big data analytics on their data, allowing just about anyone to query their data using natural language.
Built on top of AWS using predominantly serverless services. The backend services will be a predominantly Go and some NodeJS running on AWS Lambdas. Our frontend will be a React web app that interacts with a NodeJS GraphQL API.
What we are looking for
Currently we are just a two person team based in WeWork Spitalfields. We are looking for a backend developer that can get stuck in and help us rapidly build our MVP backend services. You will be building the majority of the applications in Go in AWS Lambda. Your role will be to work closely with both the CEO and CTO contributing in the early stages to the product and grow with the business. The single most important thing is that you have to be passionate about programming and love learning and building new things. You will need to be highly motivated, honest and have a can-do attitude.
The “Ideal” Candidate
- An strong interest in building Big Data and ML solutions
- Demonstrable experience building NodeJS or Go applications with TDD (or Go equivalent e.g. Java, C++)
- Demonstrable experience building solutions with Amazon Web Services
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Knowledge of REST APIs
- Knowledge and understanding of modern software design patterns
- Analytical minded with problem-solving aptitude
- Punctuality and strong communication skills
- Self awareness and a desire to improve your skills
- Proficiency in English with the right to work in the UK
- And most importantly: a passion for creating products that people love to use!
- Experience integrating and building GraphQL APIs
- Any frontend experience or desire to build frontend apps
- An understanding of CI/CD pipelines
What we are offering you
- A highly competitive salary based on your experience
- A great office inside WeWork Spitalfields with ping pong table and free beer
- A shiny new Macbook Pro
- Monthly social activities
- A chance to be part of a successful fully funded startup and grow with the company
- A chance to build a new fresh product from scratch and own it
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days holiday a year (plus public holidays)
How to apply
Send CV and cover letter to email@example.com