Build software that gets people hired. Restless Bandit is a well-funded startup that uses AI to help employers find great talent. As a Software Engineer, you will design, develop, and maintain core software systems. You will work on APIs, databases, developer tools, and data pipelines. You will work with a modern stack, including Go, Python, React, Postgres, ElasticSearch, and AWS. You will advocate for the tools and techniques which are right for the job. You will work with a team of talented engineers who build quality products.
We're excited to talk to you if:
- You have several years of experience building production-grade software
- You’re comfortable with (or want to learn) our stack: Go, Python, React, Postgres, ElasticSearch, AWS, Docker, Spark/Hadoop.
- You’re an advocate for clean, maintainable, scalable, and well-tested systems
- You communicate your opinions clearly, and appreciate constructive feedback from others
- You’re comfortable with analyzing tradeoffs and making decisions
- You have a track record of getting things done, and you’re proud of your work
About Restless Bandit
Restless Bandit is a well-funded San Francisco startup focused on helping companies identify and retain the best people in the exploding "war-for-talent" space. This is an exciting, near ground floor opportunity with a group of people with extensive experience in HR tech. Our founders were executives at Bright, an HR tech company acquired by LinkedIn for $130M. Our data scientists and engineers come from Bright, LinkedIn, and Google, and have extensive experience applying big-data methods to the hiring domain.
We work hard, but at the same time we have a laid-back, fun work environment. Some of the values that are important to us are:Helpfulness: we appreciate receiving help as well as giving it, and learning from each other as well as sharing knowledge and opinions
- Professionalism: we trust each other and assume independence and autonomy along with responsibility
- Curiosity: we’re interested in new ideas and alternative viewpoints; we prefer having our minds changed by thoughtful discussion over ‘winning’ a debate
- Calm & thoughtful approach: we believe that consistent, unhurried problem-solving produces better solutions than frantic ‘fire drills’
- Fun: we're thick as thieves. We have lunch together every day, host regular (and spontaneous) happy hours, and participate in professional meet-ups